One of the things that's hard to update is pregnancy. Baby #4 is joining our family in November, and I've been thinking about how I've kept a record of every pregnancy but this one. Someday, I'll really regret it if I don't write anything down. Mostly because I have a terrible memory and all my pregnancies and deliveries tend to blur together as time passes.
![]() |
| Our little pregnancy announcement. I still giggle every time I look at their faces. :) |
So, here we go. I'm 17 weeks along right now. Due date is November 10th. Since this will, for all intents and purposes, be our last kid, I was really hoping for a spring baby so that I'd have one in every season (so far, we have winter, summer, and fall). But that obviously didn't work out. It took 9 months to get this baby here, so we ended up being grateful for ANY due date in the end.
I've been feeling good, just like my first three pregnancies. I feel very blessed to be able to say that. But I can definitely tell this is the fourth time around that I've done this. For one, I could swear I started to show the minute I saw that positive pregnancy test. At this point, I'm in the chubby-nothing-fits-me stage. Like, really. Nothing fits. A little part of me wants to hide in a closet until I have enough of a belly to scream to people, "yes, I'm pregnant!" But I can't do that. Obviously.
The other thing that has been wildly different this time around is how tired I am. If you know me at all, you know that I am NOT a nap-taker. Like, not at all. If I take a nap (even a tiny 10-minute one), I turn into an insomniac at night. So I never take them. That is, until 17 weeks ago. And now, I literally cannot get through my day without crashing for at least a few minutes at some point. And even if that nap is a one-hour Sunday nap, I can still drop into bed at 10:00 and immediately fall asleep. It's crazy stuff. And really annoying. I don't have time for naps!
Other than that, everything else has been pretty typical. A little bit of heartburn has started. I have no doubt that will get worse as the weeks pass. (But that means another baby with a full head of hair, so that's always fun!) A few random cravings here and there - I was craving grape juice and sushi (I love California rolls) for a few weeks. It still sounds good, but I don't have to have it like I did for awhile. I also went through a brief pasta stage. And right now, I love dill pickles. If that's not stereotypical, I don't know what is.
And finally, the girls. Sadie and Ellie are SO excited for another little sibling. They have both had a million questions and it's so fun to feel the anticipation radiating from them. They both say they want another little sister, but they'd be okay with a brother too. Kevin's rooting for a boy, obviously, and I'm happy with either one! And Avery? She could care less. She's finally starting to catch on to the fact that everyone is saying there's a baby in mommy's tummy but she's very confused when she lifts up my shirt and can't see any sign of any kind of baby there. I think she's going to be in for quite the surprise. :) The big gender reveal is in a little over a week. We're all super excited to find out!
And I'd say that's about the long-winded update I was going for! Over and out.

I haven't checked your blog in so long and something made me check it today. So glad I did. I miss these little updates into your life so much! They always make me happy and make me feel a little better about being so far away. So just know that when you do have time to type out a little update when you can, your sissy loves them!
ReplyDeleteI felt everything you described with baby number 4! I was so, so tired. I'm glad your girls are letting your nap. I'm excited for your little boy! That will be so different and so fun. Congrats again Nat!
ReplyDeleteI felt everything you described with baby number 4! I was so, so tired. I'm glad your girls are letting your nap. I'm excited for your little boy! That will be so different and so fun. Congrats again Nat!
ReplyDeleteNat! Not sure how often you check this, so not sure when you'll see this? I've always loved reading your blog and "hearing" your voice! I'm so glad you got your little Cooper! I was hoping to get on here to see a little newborn photo shoot ;) but I'm sure things are a leeeetle more hectic with 4! Love you sweet friend! ♡
ReplyDelete