You know the big winter storm that hit the state of Utah this weekend? The one that dropped over a foot of snow? You would THINK that Logan would get the worst of it, wouldn't you? You know, Logan - one of the coldest places in the state? Well, you thought wrong. While the rest of Utah was enjoying their winter wonderlands, the storm seems to have split right over Cache Valley and passed us by. The news specifically predicted 5-10" for Cache Valley and we woke up to... nothing. That's right, NOTHING. I mean, I hate shoveling snow and scraping windshields as much as the next person, but one can only take so much of the brown grass and bare trees before wishing that SOMETHING would come along to cover it up! And as I watched the news again on Saturday night, they reported that Logan got 2-3". Don't believe a word of this - it's fabrication made up by some reporter who might have started through Sardine Canyon, saw that IT had snow, and figured that the valley on the opposite side had to have received the same amount. I'm a
little bit bugged (and jealous of the rest of the snowed-in state), can you tell?
Needless to say, since we didn't have any snow to play in, we had to find SOMETHING to do for entertainment. Luckily my family trekked through the storm to come visit us on Saturday (which was VERY brave of them - thanks Coopers)! That helped brighten my mood a bit. We ate at the Bluebird (yum!) and they got to see our Christmas tree for the first time, which was fun. In fact, I even took pictures of it to post! (It's about time, seeing as it's been up for almost a month).

Unfortunately, by Sunday we were bored again and I was desperately trying to find some way to entertain Kevin - and this is what I came up with: practicing my "belly-balancing!" I was so proud of my accomplishment that I had Kevin take a picture. It's a good thing the glass was empty, because apparently the baby didn't appreciate my trick too much - she gave the glass a hefty kick a second later and it toppled over. Apparently the little queen didn't like having a heavy glass sitting on her home!
No comments:
Post a Comment