I can't resist talking about the crazy experience of feeling my baby move. I know this is something every mother has experienced, and some of my descriptions might seem a little cliche. But it's a brand-new and amazing experience for me and I'm continually in awe of this little life that loves to make her presence known.
What started out as soft little pokes and swishes is quickly turning into full-body flip flops, not so funny rib-tickling, and jabs and kicks that take my breath away. I know I have no previous experience to compare her movement to, but all indications are that she is an active, healthy, and slightly hyper little girl! As I'm sitting here typing this, I can feel her pushing against my right side. When I apply pressure, she actually pushes back. I never would have guessed that I could get play time with my daughter two months before she's even born!
The most extreme example of her movement happened the other night as Kevin and I laid in bed (this is her favorite time to get our attention, by the way). We were lying there talking when I felt one of her seismic shifts. As I reached down and felt my stomach, I realized that I was completely lopsided. After Kevin felt the gigantic bump poking out of my stomach, he flipped on the light to get a better look. What could have only been her head was causing the left side of my stomach to raise up in a grapefruit-sized bump, almost an inch above the other side. It was VERY weird looking. Needless to say, Kevin got a kick out of gently poking her until she moved to a more normal position.
As she gets more active, I get more excited for her to be here. However, I must admit that I'm going to miss this crazy bond with her that only I get to experience. There's nothing like it!
I totally know what you mean when you say you will miss having that bond with her after she is born. The day after Halle was born, my stomach grumbled and I started to cry (we'll blame it on all those crazy hormones) when I realized that's all it was, just my tummy. It wasn't Halle moving around anymore. But we can't wait to see her so we can bond with her too! It sounds like you might have a Halle on your hands, a little hyper and always on the go. Good luck with that!
ReplyDelete