I made a resolution this past weekend. (What? I fully realize it’s not January first. Let’s just call this a new week resolution.) It hit me that I haven’t blogged about the girls in two weeks and before that, blogging has been kind of sparse – at least by my standards, anyways. I suddenly missed it. A lot. So I made a goal to start blogging frequently again. I think I’ve kind of lost my excitement for it because – I’ll admit it – I felt like very few people read this blog anymore. We’ve been a lot busier lately, too, so it’s harder to find the time. But it took a moment of realization and mentally giving myself a good smack to remind myself that I’m doing this for my kids. No other reason. Even though it seems the blogging trend seems to be waning for a lot of people, I’m determined to stick with it.
I’ve also been feeling kind of “meh” about my camera. I know – what’s up with that?! I misplaced my good lens for a couple of weeks, which kind of broke my habit of constantly picking it up – even after I got the lens back. So New-Week Resolution #2 is to get back to taking a ridiculous amount of pictures of my kids.
These pictures were taken yesterday when the girls were playing on Sadie’s bed and being the big goofballs that they are. (However, none of these pictures show the screaming and jumping up and down they were doing the majority of the time – all those pictures turned out blurry!) I have to say, they’ve been a lot better about playing together lately. For awhile there, I swear they were fighting all. the. time. I think the new camaraderie has to do with the fact that Ellie is getting much better at following orders interacting with Sadie. They’ll run around the house, acting out some scenario usually involving baby dolls and stuffed animals and be totally content for at least a half hour at a time. It’s incredible! Sadie has also discovered that it doesn’t take much to get her sister to dissolve into peals of giggles and when they both start laughing…well, it’s pretty difficult to get them to stop. Not that I’d want to.
Trying to pull Ellie onto the bed. I love the faithful look E is giving Sadie.
Cute pictures! Keep blogging. Even if I don't comment, I always read your blog.
ReplyDeleteI check your blog almost every day to see if there are new pictures of the girls - or something exciting going on.....and I LOVE it when I see something new. You are not only doing for them, you are doing it for their grandma!
ReplyDeleteThose are some SUPER CUTE little monkeys you have!!!
ReplyDeletePS. I wrote a comment on your last two posts right after you wrote them and for some odd reason they aren't there :( Weird!