Monday, March 26, 2012

One of my favorite “Sadieisms.” Ever.

So this morning, we paid a visit to Kevin at work, then said our goodbyes as usual. As soon as the car door shut and he walked away, Sadie asked (in a perfectly calm, reasonable manner), “Mommy, someday I be married to a boy and we be together forever?”

Not at all surprised by the randomness of the question (since she throws all kinds of stuff like this my way 50 bazillion times a day), I answered, “Yep. Someday you might be married in the temple to someone you haven’t met yet and you’ll be together forever.”

And then, to my complete bafflement, she immediately starts crying. No, not just crying. Sobbing. I turn around and ask her what’s wrong and she wails,

“But I love daddy! I don’t want to leave our family to be married. I love my daddy moooooore!!!!” 

And then she continued to sob all the way home (because that’s Sadie for ya – full of lots of dramatics!), despite my many reassurances that she wasn’t going to get married for a long, long, long time and she didn’t need to worry about it. And that she’ll still be part of our family forever, even if she does get married to someone else a long, long, long time down the road.

Finally, when we got home, I just gave her a big hug and told her how sweet she was for loving her daddy so much.

It was pretty much one of the cutest things I’ve ever heard come out of her mouth. The fact that she was so distraught over it just made it better.

And you better bet I’ll be pulling this one out (did I mention in many, many, many) years down the road when she comes to me and tells me all about the boy she’s in love with and wants to marry. Who loves daddy more now, huh? Smile

 

IMG_1267_edit

5 comments:

  1. That really is the cutest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although this is cliche, that is so precious!! Definitely have to pull that one out again later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the SWEETEST thing ever!!!!

    Jen benson

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute, SO sweet, so totally Sadie! I love that little girl! She is so fun! And that picture of her is ADORABLE!!! I bet Kevin loved hearing the story when he got home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!! What a sweetheart! And love the car!

    ReplyDelete