I really, really wish I were one of those people for whom running is easy. It's not easy for me. Nor will it ever be. No matter how much I do it (and I've been doing it a lot), I'm chronically slow and chronically out of breath. But, hey. Pinterest will always find a way to say it for me:
It's the only thing that makes me feel better about my sad, sad little runs. :)
Our garden is out of control. Out of control, I tell ya. I have vegetables coming out of my ears and I've been frantically trying to figure out how to use it all. I was actually a bit relieved to discover that bugs have started eating our zucchini and some of our tomatoes. And also, our pumpkins? Pretty much ready to be picked. Halloween isn't for 2 months!!! Don't be surprised to see carved pumpkins sitting on our porch in September.
Speaking of pumpkins, I'm craving fall and everything about it. Sweaters and fluorescent leaves and soup for dinner and crisp evening air. Mmmm....
I just figured out how to put a "reply" button in my comments section on my blog. Do you know how long I've been wishing Blogger would do that? Don't be surprised if I reply to every single comment from now on.
I'm really, really looking forward to Sadie being in afternoon preschool starting next month. If I can get Ellie to nap during that time, that means I get TWO SOLID HOURS, three days a week of...nothing. Silence. Time. I can't wait.
Cute little people moment of the day: I caught Ellie saying her first prayer yesterday morning. She had her stuffed animals all set up to have a tea party in the kitchen and when I looked over at her she was standing with her arms folded, her head bowed, and was saying "Mommy, um...daddy, um...Deedee, um...puppy, um...bear... ...'Men! Yes, the cuteness just about bowled me over. It was awesome.
And no random post would be complete with without some random pictures of the girlees...






If I were there, I'd run slow right along with you! And amen to bad grammar in books. I almost always catch at least one mistake, but when there are many it drives me nuts.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jess! I knew my AP English friends would feel for me on the bad grammar deal. :)
DeleteOh Natalina - once again you have made my day :) I love your ramblings about random things - makes me smile! Love ya tons!
ReplyDeleteLove you too, mom! (And I don't really have anything else to say but I had to reply anyways just because I CAN.)
DeleteGood to know about the book. I am the same way as you so I might want to avoid it now!
ReplyDeleteAnd crossing fingers Ellie will nap during school. Knowing how kids work she will probably want to be up the whole 2 hours and then nap after :)
Holy crap, when did Ellie get so big!? I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't Sadie I was looking at. I will keep my fingers crossed that the stars will align for you during Preschool. I am hoping for the very same thing for my little guys. When do you guys want to get together, by the way? I really want to, soon. Does Kevin still work Saturdays or not anymore?
ReplyDelete