Saturday, September 15, 2012

Brigham City Temple

A few weeks ago, our family got to go to the Brigham City temple open house. We went on a Thursday morning, so we got to avoid most of the crowds AND we got to eat at Maddox. Kevin nailed it perfectly when he said as bit into our first bites of Maddox rolls, "It's not very often that I get so close to heaven twice in one day." Ha. Funny guy.

Really, though, the temple was amazing. Not only was it beautiful, but I couldn't take my eyes off of Sadie. She was completely enthralled. They gave us a little brochure at the beginning that had pictures of all the different rooms. Every time we'd walk into one of those rooms, she had to stop, flip open her brochure, and study it until she matched the picture with the room we were in. Then her eyes would light up and she'd start whispering excitedly, "Daddy, look! It's the same!" 

They were both abnormally well-behaved as we walked silently through the rooms. It hit me as I watched Sadie gaze up at those huge chandeliers with big, awe-struck eyes, that they were feeling the spirit just like we were. It was pretty incredible.

We wandered the grounds for a few minutes once we were done. Unfortunately, by then their good behavior wore off...as you can probably tell.








3 comments:

  1. Isn't that temple gorgeous! I'm glad your kids were good inside...Z was terrible! It's making me really nervous for Ty's sealing! That picture of your fam is so cute, I love your outfit and your hair looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all so cute! I think it's okay the girls went back to normal outside. ;) Can't wait to eat Maddox again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the pictures you get of Ellie looking "adoringly" at Sadie. There are a few of them and they are so cute! Sissies are the best!

    ReplyDelete