Yep...we're adding some more estrogen to our household! I was having some premonitions that it was going to be another girl in the couple of days leading up the ultrasound, but I didn't even tell Kevin. I knew if I said something, I'd probably be wrong. It was still crazy to hear the verdict that another girl was on the way. I guess I never imagined us as one of "those" families that have kids of all one gender. So far, we're headed that way! We're very excited about it and even more excited that it will save us some re-decorating and lots of money spent on new clothes. :) I think Kevin's feeling a little overwhelmed by it all, but he's adjusting. :)
In other news, I hit my 20-week mark last week. It's a good feeling to be half-way already because it's gone pretty fast so far. And I'm hoping the next few months go fast too, just because it's summer and summer always goes by fast.
All pregnancy symptoms have seemed to be just a bit more acute this third time around. I've popped (like, seriously popped - I think I'm as big now as I was with Ellie at about 27-ish weeks) and therefore I've been slowly resigning myself to my maternity clothes. My two biggest pregnancy grievances (heart burn and a pinched Sciatic nerve) have so nicely started showing up earlier than they ever did with Sadie or Ellie. That's fun! But I was also able to feel baby girl kicking clear back at 16 weeks and now she moves all the time and is just getting strong enough for Kevin to feel if he's lucky. That really is fun - minus the sarcasm this time. I've also been getting some random spurts of cravings. Anything vinegary is always a must-have when I'm pregnant and it's been worse the past couple of weeks. Yes, that means pickles! So stereotypical. And lately, I've been craving cold, sweet things. Popsicles, mostly. I could eat popsicles all day. And Sonic cherry limeades. Mmmm...
Here's to half-way marks and hoping the next 20 weeks goes just as fast as the first 20!
And here's the only picture I got around to taking of my 20-week belly last week. I hate bathroom mirror profile pictures, but I suppose it's better than nothing.
LOVE that face.....AND the cute little belly!
ReplyDeleteYay! I've been wanting to see that cute belly! Bummer about your yucky pregnancy symptoms coming early :( That's so fun that you got to feel her kick and move around so early! I'm a pickle lover myself and can down a jar of Valasik ovals in less than a week! Have you tried the Salt and Vinegar flavor of Pringles? I tried some yesterday and they were SO good (in case you were wanting some variety in your need for vinegary things :))
ReplyDelete