Friday, November 8, 2013

The Good

There's a silver lining to every cloud, of course. And when you have a newborn in the house, you really don't have to look far. (Even when said newborn is cranky and has her sleep schedule is off kilter.) We have our sweet moments interspersed with the bad, which is a real tender mercy. I think I might lose my mind if there weren't some redeeming moments with this girl. 

One of the downsides to being so sleep deprived is that I feel like this past month sped by in a blur. I was looking at pictures of when Avery was just a few days old and realized how much she's grown already. How could that have happened so fast?! Her little cheeks have plumped right out and she's just starting to get long enough to outgrow her newborn clothes.

 photo IMG_0957_edit_zpsb4ab0b7e.jpg
She's got this weird habit of sleeping with her neck cranked back. It looks way uncomfortable and always gives us a laugh.


 photo IMG_1050_edit_zps543a406e.jpg
Terrible lighting, but how yummy is that double chin?!


Avery is starting to spend more time awake during the day, which means the older girls get to spend more time interacting with her. It's safe to say they are both completely in love with their baby sister.

 photo IMG_0984_edit_zps23d0a89c.jpg
S and E spent a good half hour this day entertaining Avery with books, songs, and general silliness.

They also love to spend tummy time with her.


 photo IMG_0951_edit_zps2b90c94b.jpg
This happens to be one of my most favorite perks of bottle feeding. Sadie loves it too!


Avery has had some firsts this month too. There's been the usual stuff like first baths and first trips to the grandparents' houses.

 photo IMG_1055_edit_zpse0b5f46c.jpg

One other first we weren't expecting is that she can already roll over and does so consistently. Almost every time we put her on her tummy and she's awake and alert, she ends up rolled over. The other day Sadie and I decided to see how many times we could get her to perform her new trick. We got to five in a row before she got fed up and mad at being put back on her tummy. I suspect her success is partly because she's constantly arching her back (a symptom of her reflux) and so it's no problem for her to arch her back while on her tummy and flop right over. We're all still pretty impressed with her mad skills, though.

I finally got around to taking some cute pictures of her the other day. I really wanted to get some of her sleeping, but I live in fear of waking her up when she's in a good, deep sleep during the day lest she start screaming. I'll take awake and happy, though!

 photo IMG_0995_edit_zpsbca4fec6.jpg


 photo IMG_1021_edit_zpsc6a1b16a.jpg

 photo IMG_1012_edit_zps7c491595.jpg

 photo IMG_1027_editBW_zps531cc220.jpg


 photo IMG_1044_edit_zpsb862c310.jpg


 photo IMG_1005_edit_zps22353c0a.jpg



3 comments:

  1. I'm sitting here, literally squealing in delight over every picture. I just can't stand how cute she is! I really really really hope she gets her sleeping figured out for your sake. Hang in there, sissy! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word she is cute! I'm feeling extremely baby hungry after looking at these despite the parts about not sleeping and reflux...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is changing so much! What a beautiful, beautiful baby girl. You guys do good work!

    ReplyDelete