Wednesday, March 19, 2014

St. Patrick's Day

I have a confession to make. We don't normally celebrate St. Patrick's Day at our house. In fact, I wasn't even aware the "celebrating" St. Patrick's Day was a thing until a couple of years ago - probably about the same time I joined Pinterest (go figure). I still balk at the idea of going to a crazy extent making leprechaun traps and rainbow-colored fruit trays all in the name of a holiday that nobody is even sure why we celebrate. But this year, I decided we could do a little more. We started out the Saturday before doing a Shamrock Shuffle race that's put on right here close to our house. I did the 5K and Kevin and the girls did the 1 Mile Fun Run. It was fun and the kids were excited to get their green necklaces at the end.

On Monday, I figured at the very least I could do a simple craft to celebrate. And color our dinner green, which I've never done before either. The green alfredo sauce was a little strange, but other than that, it turned out pretty fun and - most important - stress free. Never mind the fact that the kids' shamrock hats look more like misshapen tree hats. They didn't notice, so I definitely wasn't going to point it out to them!


 photo IMG_2331_edit_zps6a759eae.jpg

 photo IMG_2337_edit_zps889d7c08.jpg

 photo IMG_2341_edit_zps374f18d6.jpg

 photo IMG_2353_edit_zps037c3d16.jpg

 photo IMG_2354_edit_zpseae326b9.jpg

 photo IMG_2356_edit_zpsb3b1df10.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment