So, I figured now that it's going on 3 months later, I better get some record of the girls playing with it in its natural environment - the dark, unfinished section of the basement we call a "play room." (It's on the Someday List, no worries.) The girls spend hours down there and have a blast making the biggest mess they possibly can. All in the name of creative play, right?
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Doll House, Remade
For Christmas (yes...I realize it's March - bear with me), the girls got a doll house from my mom and dad. This isn't just any doll house, though. It used to be mine and my sister's when we were little. It had been passed onto another family member who wasn't using it anymore, so my mom got it back and fixed it up for them. I honestly think I was just as excited to see it again as they were at the prospect of having an awesomely huge doll house. My sister and I spent hours in Barbie heaven with this thing. Oh, and did I mention that my mom made the whole thing back in 1990-something? Built it from scratch, painted it, carpeted it - the whole deal. And then she re-did it here in 2013 again for my girls, complete with stripes in the bedroom that are similar to theirs and all-new furniture and accessories. She's pretty much super woman.
So, I figured now that it's going on 3 months later, I better get some record of the girls playing with it in its natural environment - the dark, unfinished section of the basement we call a "play room." (It's on the Someday List, no worries.) The girls spend hours down there and have a blast making the biggest mess they possibly can. All in the name of creative play, right?
So, I figured now that it's going on 3 months later, I better get some record of the girls playing with it in its natural environment - the dark, unfinished section of the basement we call a "play room." (It's on the Someday List, no worries.) The girls spend hours down there and have a blast making the biggest mess they possibly can. All in the name of creative play, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





It makes me happy that they get to have all the same fun, sister memories that we have from playing in that same doll house! And I'm so stealing that picture of the two of them in front of it. It's my fav!
ReplyDeleteI remember that doll house!! That is so fun- it looks way cute. We've thought about getting a doll house for the girls but our "dark unfinished basement" is not exactly where I'd want them playing right now!
ReplyDeleteThis post makes me so happy! The memories live on....I love it! And I love their playroom - it seems that everywhere we lived when you guys were little we always had some kind of 'makeshift" playroom - some scarier than others! Gotta love it!
ReplyDelete