Sunday, June 1, 2014

Kindergarten No More

 photo 20140529_1205281_zps1c1dcefd.jpg

And just like that, Kindergarten is over. It just...flew. Maybe it was because I had a baby halfway through and was, therefore, slightly out of it for a few months. But it seems like I blinked and it was over. Every moment of the school year was just fun and my only regret is that I didn't get to be a bit more involved.

Unfortunately, Sadie's last day of school made her a little sad. They were out having a field day and her teacher had to leave early for a high school graduation so she didn't get to say goodbye. When I came to pick her up and she realized it was time to go, she burst into tears and cried the whole way home. It was just a testament to how amazing her teacher was (there aren't many Kindergarten teachers who aren't great, in my opinion) and how much Sadie loved school. 

I remember hearing other parents talk about how well their kids were reading at the end of Kindergarten and at the beginning of the year, I thought there was no way Sadie would get to that point in one school year. But she did. It's amazing how much she's learned and how far she's come. She reads stuff all over the place and I can't wait to see how much she learns next year in first grade. So much fun!


 photo 20140529_1205451_zps97b7b276.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment