About a month ago, we bought a new camera. There were some cute pictures I wanted to get on here, but they're all kind of random so I thought I'd just throw them into one post. I'm still learning how to work all the fancy new settings, but these were some of my favorites that just happened (mostly through luck) to turn out okay.
The Sunday after the camera arrived in the mail, we decided to take the kids to a local park for a casual photo shoot. It was one of those beautiful, sunny summer days that I know I'm going to be longing for in another couple months when winter starts to rear its head.
We attempted a full-out camping trip earlier this summer and it was kind of a disaster. (Think constant rain, a baby who wouldn't let momma out of her sight and who also decided to have a meltdown at midnight the first night we were there. She and I went home, needless to say.) So we decided to make a day trip up to see Kevin's parents in Logan canyon last month to still get a taste of the camping life...without actually camping.
One of our favorite traditions at this campground is throwing rocks off the bridge to see who can make the biggest splash and then throwing leaves off and running to the other side to watch as they swirl out of sight.
First, we have a classic Sadie "begging" face. This picture makes me smile every time I see it because it catches a real expression on her face that I see often...not just a happy, posing smile.
We start by hunting down the best rocks and leaves:
Then we climb up on the bridge and chuck our treasures overboard:
Then...RUN to the other side if it's a leaf!
Or heave that baby overboard if it's an especially big rock...
A few other randoms. Avery hanging out in her happy spot, the backyard swing. She could sit there all day.
Crawling through the house with a binkie in each hand and one in her mouth. She loves to have two binkies while she sleeps (three is better), but she's pretty good about leaving them in the crib when she wakes up. This day, though, she refused to let them go.
I love where we live...












Oh my....every one of these just make me smile so much!
ReplyDeleteYay for a new camera! Have fun with it! I love the pics. And I love her binkies, haha.
ReplyDelete