Monday, April 7, 2008

Treasuring the Moments

Most of the time I feel like I’m at Sadie’s beck and call. Sleeping, eating, crying and fussing, swinging, bouncing, rocking, swaying, tummy time, hushing, playing dress-up, singing, reading, cuddling, and then starting all over again. My life revolves around this little girl.

It’s sooooo much work...

But I LOVE being a mom. Life doesn’t get any sweeter than watching your baby split into a mile-wide grin when she meets your eyes. That is - until a giggle follows that grin. And this is only the beginning!

My favorite talk by far in General Conference was Elder Ballard’s talk on mothers. It really hit me when he said that the greatest joys and satisfactions of raising children will come in MOMENTS. I’m glad that I heard this talk while Sadie is still only a couple of months old. I know in the years to come, I’m going to have a million frustrated moments. But I’m setting a goal for myself right now to cherish all the millions of GOOD moments we’re going to have. I don't want to ever look back and regret not treasuring this time with my beautiful little girl!

Since I haven't posted pictures for awhile, here's our little star!

"Glamour shot" with mommy (she's even posing!):



What a goon...

Having a "talk" with daddy:

Just being a cutie!

2 comments:

  1. Those are darling pictures of Sadie. I also loved that General Conference talk. It was so nice to hear some loving council meant for me (and you) and all the new moms out there. I'm so glad that you love being a mom. Isn't it great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the cute pictures. She is sure getting bigger. I cant wait tell I get the chance to know what it is like to be a mom. One day soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete