Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Love to See the Temple

I love Cache Valley. Actually, let me start over. I love Cache Valley during the months of April (tentatively) through October. The winter months are another story. However, I’ve become convinced that spring in Cache Valley is ten times more glorious than it would be in some other places just because it’s such a contrast to the long, gray winters.

There’s a good chance that someday (maybe even someday soon), we may be moving out of this beautiful valley. It breaks my heart to think of leaving this place, especially now when everything is so green and beautiful. So I’ve set a goal for our little family to try to experience as much of Cache Valley as possible this summer. And, since spring is in full gear at the moment, the Logan Temple seemed like the perfect place to start.

This temple is the basis of some of my best memories. There was my first day of being a college freshman when I parked in front of the grounds to cry my eyes out because I was so homesick (okay, that’s not the best memory – but it was definitely a milestone in my short little life). There was the time Kevin and I got locked inside the grounds while we were dating and had to climb our way out. And then, of course, there’s my wedding day – my memories of that particular day are by far the brightest and most perfect. And many more memories in between.

Here are some of our favorites.

This could have been one of those amazing photography shots. The sun was lighting up the clouds and the silhouette of the temple just right. So cool. Then, before we could get our camera settings just right, a bride and her entourage came along and forced us to move. Sheesh.

The tulips were SO beautiful. Post card perfect!


I think Kevin's just imitating Sadie in that picture, but who knows? Those two are crazy sometimes. :)

Fountains of water and freedom to run around... what more could a kid ask for?


This magnolia tree was my favorite thing to take pictures of. It was SO beautiful and it smelled divine. Someday I'm going to be one of the few people in Utah to have a tree like that in my yard. Maybe. :)

4 comments:

  1. I miss Logan!!!! Thanks for reminding us how much we love it there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me home sick! I am going to miss Logan SO much! (Except the winter part) I'm sad we have to be moving at the best part of the whole Logan year...sigh. I love the pictures of the temple, I will miss that most of all...now we're going to be in the Provo district and although all temples are great you probably understand when I say it's just not the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny! We did almost the same post except yours is the Logan Temple and mine is the Salt Lake! I want to hire the people who do the grounds on the temples to landscape my yard! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures. I just love that little Sade. Her clothes just kill me! I love your pictures with your fancy schmancy camera too. I really miss Logan so I think that's great you're going to enjoy it so much.

    ReplyDelete