It's been a week of big accomplishments at our house.
We'll start with Kevin since we're most proud of him (or I am, anyways). After hours upon hours upon hours of doing THIS:
We'll start with Kevin since we're most proud of him (or I am, anyways). After hours upon hours upon hours of doing THIS:

... he's FINAL-ly done. No, not done with school entirely. (Oh, we wish. We really, really wish!) But done with another semester. Kev plugged on through and now he's got another one under his belt. And he actually did fairly well. Yes! I'm starting to feel safe about venturing into countdown territory. I'm not putting up any tickers yet, but graduation isn't lightyears away anymore. Double yes! Now it's on to summer school next week. Not-so-yes!
As for me? Welllll..... I ran my FIRST-EVER 5K! You have to really know me to know how big a deal this is. Because guess what? I hate running. In fact, I dislike it with a passion. I have a number of friends who are probably going to read that and fall off their chairs over the atrociousness of the idea that anyone could dislike running. Honestly, I wish I could be the same way. I really do.
So, you might ask, why did I run a 5K if I hate it so much? I guess you could say it's kind of been on my bucket list. Maybe due to the fact that I dislike running so much, I felt like I had to "climb my Everest." Or some equally corny analogy. ;) Anyways, the point is that I did it. And I finished. And we're going to leave it at that because my time was pretty dismal. (But that's okay! Because I finished, remember?)
Oh, and did I mention that I did it in the pouring, freezing rain? Yeah, didn't do much for that aversion to running issue. You can't really tell from the pictures (thank goodness), but I looked like I'd just stepped out of the shower fully clothed. And that's not an exaggeration. But I can't complain much. I finished 5 minutes faster than I normally do just because I was so desperate to get out of the cold wetness.
That little person by the stop sign is me. Almost there!
Waving at my little cheering section after crossing the finish line.
Talking to one of my biggest fans in her nice, dry cheering spot under the umbrella.
Not to mention I had some funny pictures of the experience...
How could I tell her no when she's giving me this look with those pretty eyes?
Open up wide!
Mmm... now that's heaven!
Yay for the 5k!! That's awesome! I understand the hating to run. I dislike it so much that in order to get myself to the gym I had to commit to something big! :) Running isn't bad if you're playing a sport. :) but anyway...congrats!
ReplyDeleteGood job Natalie!! I guess getting up to go the gym at 6am has paid off!!! Does that mean next year you can train for a 10k?
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you all! What a big week! Especially Sadie for discovering fruit dip :) Good job Sadie!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! We are so proud of you both!
ReplyDeleteHOLY COW! I can't believe you did a 5K! That's amazing, Natalie. I hate running as well, and to think if I'd still been living in Logan, you MAY have been able to talk me into doing it with you. :) I love the pictures of little Sadie too. She's getting so big and cuter every day! Oh, and hey, we're coming to visit on May 20th and Ben's leaving the 26th and I'm staying until the 30th so we should get together if we can work it out!
ReplyDeleteYay! 5k's are the best...and props that you did it in the rain...I totally would have backed out!
ReplyDelete