That’s how old our little Saders is today.
I know sixteen months isn’t necessarily a huge milestone, but we’re making it one because a) I haven’t given an update on what she’s up to lately and b) I never got around to mentioning anything when she turned 15 months.

Life with a toddler is... well... it's pretty much crazy. Yes, yes... I realize it only gets worse the more kids you have. But I'm firmly convinced that one of Sadie is equal to two normal kids. It could just be me though. Maybe I didn't ever find a way to prepare myself for toddlerdom and now I'm like, "Woah! Slow down! STOP MOVING!"

It’s amazing how lightning-fast she’s changed in the past few months. She’s always been independent, but now the word has taken on a whole new meaning. Hand-holding is absolutely off-limits. Food is scrutinized, sometimes tasted and sometimes not, and then, more often than not, rejected if it doesn’t meet just the right requirements. (Ah, picky eaters frustrate me to no end! Kevin, if you’re reading this, that means YOU TOO.) And being picked up and carried inside after playing in the wide outdoors is comparable to the end of the world.

But it’s fun too. Sadie’s been taking her time with the talking thing, which is fine. (See me not freaking out about this like I did with the walking? Pat on the back for Natalie.) Not talking has been bearable, though, because she understands almost every simple command or question. I tell her to go grab her ball and she goes. I ask her where daddy is and she points. I say “lets go take a bath” and she runs for the bathroom. It’s great! I can communicate with my child!

It’s even better when she communicates back. Signing has been our salvation. Like, for example, when she signs shoes when she wants to go outside. Or she signs drink when she’s thirsty. And she does choose to talk occasionally – my favorite is when she says “hup” when she wants help getting food on her spoon or going up and down steps. (Unfortunately, this one doesn’t get used as much as I’d like. See previous paragraph on independence...)

Anyways, she’s fun. Learning lots, growing fast. Now we just have to figure out how to keep up with her!
*Side note: Only two more months ‘til nursery! Not that we’re counting or anything.
ok the tears/snot picture is priceless! LOVE IT!!! hahah! give her a kiss for me!
ReplyDeletesadie is so cute! she sounds like a little handfull but you wouldn't want it any other way, right? i love her cute piggy tails in the sand picture! that is so nice that you can communicate with her...the "hup" thing is adorable!
ReplyDelete