Well, we decided fit in one more camping trip this summer. I've decided that right after Labor Day is the best time to do this sort of thing. The campground was deserted, Bear Lake was deserted...and yet we still scored perfect summer weather. I'm a big fan of not having to fight crowds for a camping spot or a beach spot!
Here's the rundown of our little adventure.
| Our car was completely and totally stuffed to the brim; therefore, the girls got a firewood companion next to them on the drive up! You can tell they're excited... |
![]() |
| Both girls got more than their fill of playing in the dirt. |
![]() |
| Heck, we even let Ellie eat her snack in the dirt. She may have dropped it a few times, but a little ingested dirt never hurt anyone...right? :) |
![]() |
| Sadie, Ellie, and I took a walk to this beautiful spot along the river. Sigh. I love nature. |
![]() |
| Throwing rocks. Of course. |
![]() |
| And it wouldn't be camping without some wild craziness in the tent. |
After a night of camping, we decided to spend the day at the "beach." Or at least the closest thing to a beach in the state of Utah (or Idaho): Bear Lake. And actually, to be completely honest, I secretly thought it was a little better than the real thing. It was quiet and empty and you could walk and walk and walk out into the water with it only reaching your waist. Not to mention, there was no seaweed in the water. At all. Just rocks and sand. I detest seaweed so this was a major plus.
It was a blast. Really. I haven't had such a relaxing and fun day in a long time.
![]() |
| Kevin buried Sadie in the sand - here she's being a "sand monster." |
![]() |
| Ellie and I chilled on the beach most the afternoon while Kevin and Sadie played. We were kinda lazy, but it was nice for a change! |
![]() |
| The finished creation. |
![]() |
| Sadie took her job of running back and forth between the lake and the castle very seriously. |
![]() |
| And...we can't forget the raspberry shakes. Perfect way to end a great day! |











How fun...minus the sleeping in a tent with children... we did that twice this summer, and I have definitely had my fill for a while. :)
ReplyDeleteSo much fun! We drove past Bear Lake twice while we were there.... does that count? Sleeping in the same room as the baby is close enough for me I think.
ReplyDeleteI love Bear Lake! I miss living so close to it! Great pictures!
ReplyDeleteAnother plus...the water isn't salty so if you accidentally get a mouthful it's still gross but not nearly as bad!