Well, we did it. Sadie had her first day of preschool last week. I'm not afraid to admit that I was a nervous wreck for her. The teacher asked us at orientation to say goodbye to them at the curb, so I had to stand there and watch her walk away from the car, down the stairs, and in through the door of her little school by herself. It gave me more butterflies than 300 pairs of eyes staring me down. And I cried. Yes, I cried. Don't try to tell me that it's only 3-year old preschool because first, it's a tiny bit heartbreaking to watch your kid walk away from you into a strange new situation, no matter
what age they are.
And second, I'm so not ready for the "just wait til kindergarten" comments. I'm in denial. Sadie's not going to kindergarten. Ever. We're going to stick to 2-days-a-week preschool for the rest of her life. End of story. Don't even think about arguing with me. GOT IT?
Here's the star-of-the moment herself, all cute and ready for her big day. I keep staring at this picture, amazed at how
big she looks. She's officially a "preschooler." Crazy. Just crazy.
She is adorable! I can't believe she's getting so big. I dread the day I have to send Zachy off to school.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness - how cute does she look??? Love the sign too....don't really think you'll ever forget where she was headed tho!
ReplyDeleteAghhhhhhhhh! She IS so big! E starts next Tuesday and I'm nervous/excited for him. Fairly certain I'll cry.
ReplyDeleteShe has grown up so much! And is so stinkin cute too. :) Just watch out for all the boys asking for her number!! (happened to my niece at that age) ;)
ReplyDeleteHow have I never thought of no kindergarten before? Genius!!!! Absolute GENIUS!!!! And here I've been stressing about kindergarten for so long! :) I agree that watching your child walk into a new situation will always be emotional whether they're 5 or 25! Sadie looks adorable! I hope she loves school!
ReplyDelete