Thursday, October 6, 2011

California, Part 1

Sigh. Vacation is over. Real life is officially back in swing. The post-vacation-dump-everything-in-the-living-room mess is (mostly) cleaned up, I've done laundry, and I'm back to cooking my own food and doing my own dishes.

It's almost like we never left.

But a week ago today, we were in Disneyland. We had so, so, so much fun. There were rides and Princesses and long lines and more Princesses and all the corny Disney magic you could ask for. Part of me wishes we were still there. The other part of me would be happy if we never had to do that long drive again. Ick.

So here we go... reliving the Disney magic my favorite way: pictures, pictures, and more pictures!


First, the drive. So. much. driving. The girls were actually really good, all things considered. Not to say we didn't have our...moments. But I'm going to try to forget about those. :)

Playing in the way-fun pool at our "Disneyland" hotel.

It even had a mini splash pad. How cool is that?
My cute mom and Ellie, waiting to get into the park.

Kev was SO excited to be waiting in line just to get into the park, can you tell?

The official first ride: tea cups! Sadie laughed hysterically the entire time. No surprise there. (And what's up with my goof-ball expression? Errr...just ignore that...)

This was Ellie's expression every time someone tried to take a picture of her. She wasn't cranky, exactly. Just not in a smiling mood.

Aaaannnd... she was tired. The second they turned the lights out in the Nemo submarine ride, she zonked in my arms.

Does this one really require a caption? Suffice it to say, I adore that grumpy little face!


Sadie's princess ears.

Kevin and I took Sadie to the special "princess lunch" they do in California Adventure. The food was great, but the best part was that each princess walked around to greet us. It was way fun and worth every penny we spent on it.

We also got to talk to Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White, and Belle. Sadie was a little shy, but still loved every minute.

It's Halloween time right now at Disneyland, so Minnie was all dressed up in her Halloween outfit. She was really cute.

The girls and me on the Winnie the Pooh ride. I love Ellie's wide eyes. (She actually didn't love the "story" rides and would bury her head in my arm every time. It was sorta cute.)

Sadie and grandpa.

Look! She did smile for a picture!

Pretty castle.
Entranced by the parade.


The princess float. Also our only sighting of Rapunzel. (Long story, but I was definitely sadder than Sadie that we didn't actually visit her.)


3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! My favorite are the pictures at the beach...you really have an eye for photography!

    I can't wait to take Z someday...and Lance too, poor guy has never been...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for awesome pics to add to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How magical! For some reason I always feel homesick for Disneyland. I don't know if it's just because I have lots of happy memories there as a child, or what. I can't wait to take both of our kids! E has been and also had a magical Disney commercial moment! I wish I could've seen Ellie's! :) I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete