Almost there, almost there!
Our third day was spent doing some other non-Disneyland California things. My sister took us to the Huntington Botanical Gardens for something fun to do to kill time. After a lot of wrong turns and detours through downtown LA (our poor little GPS was trying desperately to keep us out of rush-hour traffic) we finally made it just in time for a stroll around the gardens, then we had to pile back in the car to get to the beach. Ah, the joys of vacationing. :)
 |
| There were roses... |
 |
| ...lots of roses. |
 |
| Probably the only picture I have from the entire trip where BOTH girls are smiling. |
 |
| The fam. (I obviously should have adjusted my camera - I promise I didn't mean for Kev and my brother to be in the background.) |
 |
| Walking through the tiny door in the children's garden. |
By the time we finally made it to the beach, it was
freezing. (And we most definitely didn't pack freezing-weather clothes.) We chose to forgoe the swimming and instead had fun playing in the waves and sand while watching the breathtaking sunset.
 |
| Anticipating the next big wave. :) |
 |
| Ellie was in seventh heaven while she played in the sand. She kept tossing it over her shoulder onto grandpa and then looking up at him like, "What? You wanted that sand in your face, didn't you?" |
 |
| She loved the water, too, despite its freezing nature. |
 |
| These were supposed to be our silhouettes, but I obviously should have paid more attention on how to do that with my camera. Kevin thinks it just looks like a really poorly exposed picture. Hmm... |
 |
| Did I mention the sunset was breathtaking? |
 |
| Yep. Beautiful. |
Phew. That's it! If you made it all the way here, you're a rock star (or you must really love me :)).
Looks like an amazing trip Nat! Some day I'll have to go... Blake really wants to and I never have. Love the pictures!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pictures and awesome trip! I love it and I love you!
ReplyDeleteFun, Fun, Fun!! Someday we'll go to Disneyland... maybe... Although I'm pretty sure that unless we have a girl by then, we'll probably be forgoing the princesses. :(
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun, and sorry you had to get back to real life ;)
Love the pictures! I had so much fun with you guys and miss you all already!
ReplyDeleteThis makes me miss Disneyland so much! Didn't you LOVE the Disney princess lunch? We did that too and it was worth every penny! Your girls are so beautiful and so cute! Glad you had such a fun trip!
ReplyDeleteBoth... I'm a rockstar AND I love you! :) HOW FUN!!! That is SO FUN that your whole family was there! I LOVE all the pictures! I can totally relate with trying to do a silhouette and getting...not a silhouette! They are tricky! BUT! You did it! Those ones of Sadie and the sunset are AMAZING!!!!
ReplyDeleteps. I'm sorry about Rapunzel :(
WOW!! I am so jealous you got to take your kids to Disneyland!! It looks like you had so much fun. I didn't realize Shawn went . . .cool!!
ReplyDeleteThat picture of the sunset/Sadie is awesome . . .like photo contest awesome, I love it!
And yes, we do love you!