Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fall Camping

Everyone thought we were crazy for going camping in September in a tent. Cooler fall temperatures have definitely made their appearance and I think we all thought we were going to freeze. We were all wrong. The temperatures were definitely cool, but not nearly as cold as our last trip in June (go figure). The campground was pleasantly quiet and the cherry on top was that the scenery was...breathtaking.

I just love fall. I know I say that every year and I will probably continue to say it every year. Something about all those brilliant colors coloring the mountainsides makes my heart pitter-patter. And it makes me have one more fervent burst of love for this beautiful valley I live in...which is essential considering what comes after fall in Cache Valley.

Speaking of Cache Valley, I've lived here for 8 years now, and until this trip, I had never hiked to the Wind Caves in Logan Canyon. I have no idea how that happened since it's basically a rite of passage to living here. Everyone has hiked to the Wind Caves. It took me this long, but I finally got to go and it did NOT disappoint.




 










And a few more pictures of the actual camping part. That was pretty fun, too. 

Umm...grumpy face, anyone?


Working on weaving a pot holder with grandpa.

Add caption


2 comments:

  1. SO beautiful! Thanks for my yearly dose of Cache Valley autumn!! :) Glad your camping trip didn't happen on the annual September snow storm. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaves are gorgeous.....and that picture of Ellie is priceless!

    ReplyDelete