After 13 weeks, it's still so strange for me to think about.
I'm going to have three kids.
Yikes.
While the thought does make me a tad nervous (I'm sure mini-panic attacks will follow in the next six months, but for now it's just nervous), I can't even tell you how excited I am. It took a bit longer than we had planned for this baby to decide to join our family, and I've spent the last 13 weeks trying to not just grin at random moments for no apparent reason. I'm so glad it's finally official because it was way harder to keep it a secret this time around than it was the first two times.
Speaking of secrets, we kept it from Sadie until I was about nine weeks. Let me tell you, that was a toughie. I wanted to tell her in the worst way. After all, the girl is my bud. I spend all day with her. We knew how excited she'd be, though, and all that excitement built up inside her 5-year old body was a recipe for a spilled secret. So we told her right before my first doctor's appointment and the kid practically shot through the roof, she was so excited. And the impressive part is that she kept that secret for another 2 1/2 weeks, through multiple grandparent visits and everything. Go Sadie! Oh, and Ellie? Doesn't really care. I don't think she gets it, but that's okay. Two-year olds usually don't.
My first trimester is officially over this coming week, and I'm hoping that brings me more energy. I can't believe how tired I've been. Not so much I-want-to-take-a-nap tired (although I do have those moments too), but more I-have-zero-energy-to-move-from-this-couch tired. My house hasn't been clean in more than one room at a time for three months now and I'm ready for a burst of nesting energy.
Also, just for the record, yes, I'm already showing. And not in a cute baby-belly kind of way, unfortunately. I'm sure all my friends and family have secretly been wondering if I went a little overboard on the Easter candy. :) The joys of doing this for the third time!
Sick-wise, I've been good. Food smells definitely can bother me and I have days when I feel nauseous and can't eat anything, but that's hardly much to complain about. I completely and totally realize how lucky I am in that department, and I'm beyond grateful.
Grateful is just a good way to sum up how I've been feeling. My crazy mood swings might suggest otherwise, but I'm just so, so happy to be having this baby. I've been more aware of what a blessing being pregnant is this time around for various reasons, and it's really helped me not take it for granted.
And here's a shot of our little peanut. (No, really - these 10-week shots look just like a peanut.)

Love this post and just can.not.wait for grandbaby #3 to join our family! I love you, you cute little mama!
ReplyDeleteWe can't tell you how excited we are for you guys! I wish we still lived in Cache Valley so I could come and clean your house and help you out! I'm also way glad you aren't very sick, that makes a whole world of difference.
ReplyDeleteYay! So very excited for you. :) Wishing lots of energetic/calm thoughts your way!
ReplyDelete