We came home...not so empty handed.
Meet..Minnie!
Pretty cute, right? It's a good thing she's cute, too, because I've wondered if we're crazy quite a few times in the last week and a half. Really, was it not enough that we're having a little person join our household in six months - we have to add an animal to the mix?
But just look at that soft, soft fur and cute little wiggly bunny nose. We couldn't resist.
I really didn't think we'd ever be pet people. Kevin's never been excited about the responsibility part of it. And I'm allergic to just about everything (seriously). And I am allergic to the bunny, but it doesn't seem to be as bad as other animals and, most importantly, the bunny will be an outside animal that doesn't get its fur all over our house.
So...a bunny it is!
We've pretty much won the Parent of the Year award in Sadie's book - I really thought she was going to cry tears of joy when we turned to her at Baby Animal Days and asked if she wanted to take a bunny home with us. And she checks on the bunny at least five times a day to make sure she's not lonely. Ellie loves Minnie...when she's in her cage. If we get her out, she vamooses and wants nothing to do with the whole deal. I don't think she likes her unpredictable hopping and occasional kicking. (She jumped out of her arms not long after I took the second picture below and she hasn't held her since.)
So...here's to our first pet!
(And could everyone please pray that we don't somehow kill it? It's been keeping me up at night, not even kidding. First pets are a bit of a stressor!!)




So fun. Having raised bunnies I know a lot. Tell she is at least 6 months don't let her eat to much grass and never ever ever feed her lettuce or any salad greens. It will for sure lead to bad news. Stick with carrots and broccoli. And during the summer make sure she has lots of shade and water. This is coming from someone who's bunny lived 9 years.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you had bunnies, Kendra! You can be my go-to source if I have questions, then! :) Someone did tell us about the lettuce, luckily. We probably would have been dumb and given her a whole salad if not.
DeleteWe had bunnies growing up. They were fun, but I was really young so I don't remember having to do too much to care for them. Minnie is super cute!! Lucky for us we won't have to get an animal for a long time. Emi is super scared of...well everything that moves that is not human. And some humans for that matter:) Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteBunnies are great pets. We love our bunny. How fun. That is a cute bunny.
ReplyDeleteI've said it once and I'll say it again, I am totally jealous! :( Kate & I want a bunny soooo bad! Maybe some day when we don't have to move every two years we can get one. I'm not sure what we would've done during the three day journey to get here! :)Anyway, Minnie is SO cute! Let me guess, Ellie named her? :)
ReplyDeleteHow funny!!! We just got a tiny bunny today! (It was hiding in Brennens office today) I feel the same way, that it may be dead within a week! Ours is Prince Charming. Yours is way cute, maybe if they survive...and if we ever see you again they can be friends!
ReplyDelete