Pretty much the most awesome thing about the school Sadie goes to is the Kindergarten opera they put on every year. That's right, an opera. For five and six year-olds. It's as cute as it sounds, trust me. The kids actually came up with the story line themselves and the Utah Festival Opera Company here in Cache Valley puts it to music. Sadie's class's story was called "The Animals and the Dark, Dark Chocolate Cake" and was about some kids who have to save their farm by luring animals back to it with chocolate cake.
Sadie was a hen, as you can tell.
A hen with...attitude?
Or maybe a weird hen? Mid-cluck?
I
had to ahem..."got" to play the piano for her class, which was fun because I attended all their practices and got a preview of how they were doing and what it was going to be like. (But it was also stressing because my playing is only mediocre and I was so nervous for both of the performances I thought I was going to be sick.)
But I survived somehow without messing up, and the kids were so stinkin cute. Sadie sang her little heart out when it came to her part and I could hear her perfectly. It was such a fun way to celebrate the beginning of the end of kindergarten.
Cutest Little Red Hen EVER! Chocolate cake will forever and always now remind me of this!
ReplyDelete