Thursday, September 11, 2008

Men vs. Women

In our younger days...

Kevin and I (and sometimes Sadie when we forget to find a babysitter) have been lucky enough to take an Institute class together this semester (ah, the joys of living in a small Utah college town). It's called Building an Eternal Marriage and so far it is so, so good. Our last class was on the differences between men and women. Seems like it would be fairly intuitive, right? Especially after 3 years of marriage. But I actually learned a LOT. It really strengthened my testimony that men and women, for all their crazy quirks, are meant to be companions. We're two halves that would really be incomplete without the other. I think any married couple would second me on that.

Our teacher showed this video at the end of class and I had to share it. Not only is it hilarious, it's also educational. (See! You knew you there was a good reason for reading my blog!) I had quite the "ah-ha!" moment when the guy talks about the "nothing box." IT'S SO TRUE! I have a feeling it's going to be the new joke around our house. It's kind of a long video, but every couple should watch it at least once! There. I've finished preaching for the day. :)

6 comments:

  1. I had to take a double take at that picture, I thought it was someone else with Kevin. Your hair was so long. congrats on the Eternal marriage.Ü take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh...babysitter 2 doors down. We don't have lives other than school and work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of you is so cute! I love it! I also would love to babysit! Let me know if you ever need someone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, you guys are so precious. :) I like that video clip by the way. Yeah right they're thinking about nothing... j/k.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who are you taking it from? Mark Williams?

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is awesome! so true, Ben definitely has a nothing box, happy place whatever you want to call it and it has shown up more than once since we started having kids, so just wait until you get more!!

    ReplyDelete