
WANTED: One or more little people (any size will do) to play with one rambunctious, but very friendly 15-month old.
WHEN: Scheduling could be difficult. But we'll accommodate you!
DISCLAIMER: Must be able to handle being chased around, having toys stolen or possibly broken, and being absolutely worshipped.
*******************************
Okay, I'm only half-way serious about this. I realize that most people who read this blog live far away. But let me explain my reasoning.
Our weekend was filled with family fun (again). Only this time, Sadie got to see her only two cousins for the first time in months. And I think it's safe to say, she was in heaven. We saw them at Christmas, but the difference between then and now is that Sadie's now walking and running. And that means that Sadie's cousin Halle (who is almost 3) was just about the coolest thing since sliced bread. I'm pretty sure if Sadie could talk she'd call Halle her hero. They spent the majority of their time chasing each other around the house and trying to share their toys. (Not exactly Sadie's forte, being a one-year old. Sorry Halle.) I'm also pretty sure Halle got a kick out of Sadie. She even started calling her by her nickname ("Sade") and reading her favorite books to her. Or she tried to, anyways.

I think the delight on Sadie's face in the picture on the left pretty much says it all.

Sadie either taking away Halle's kitty or sharing it while Halle was trying to read. Not sure which.
Unfortunately, little Sam kind of got left out of all the fun. He's just a few months younger than Sadie, but since he couldn't run after the girls, he got left behind most the time. Poor kid. He wanted so badly to join in the fun! Only a few more months, I'm sure, and he'll be running right along after them.

Sammy trying valiantly to crawl after the girls.

I love this kid! Doesn't he have just about the biggest, bluest eyes you've ever seen?

Playing with grandma and grandpa's fun toys.

Playing three-part harmony on the piano. Isn't that cute?
My point is that I feel a little guilty that Sadie doesn't have much interaction with other little kids. Because we have such busy schedules, we're not around for our ward's playgroup or anything like that. Now I feel like I'm depriving her of some serious joy. I guess I'll have to do something about that. Or maybe Sadie's cousins just need to do some more visiting! (hint, hint :) )
One more off-topic thing. In case you were wondering where my crazy, Aggie-blue blooded husband came from...

Jace never interacted with other kids and now I wish he had more. He goes to nursery now and hates it and I know it's partially my fault for never having him around other kids to play with. He just doesn't know what to do with them.
ReplyDeleteShe is more the welcome to come and play with my kids. They would love it.
ReplyDeleteI just can't get enough of Sade. She's so flippin cute. I could seriously just eat her up. The pigtails kill me! Especially with her Aggie shirt on. And, ahem, you are welcome to bring Sadie to play with her betrothed anytime. He would LOVE to "share" his toys and he'd be so smitten he wouldn't even mind if she took them.
ReplyDeleteI think we can definitely remedy the whole not seeing her cousins often enough. I feel the same way, these kids need to be together more! If only we lived closer, I would take my turn tending Sadie. I could get used to the idea of that cute little face around my house!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE seeing babies and toddlers react to each other. It's either "Stay out of my way and don't touch my toys or I'll smack you" or "Come here and let me poke your eyes and give you not-so-gentle hugs." I wish Alana & Sadie could play, I'm sure they would be friends. If you're ever in Utah Valley... :)
ReplyDelete