Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Observations

Fact: An 18-month old is one observant little creature.

Fact: This said 18-month old has a tendency to observe all my most negative habits and copy them unknowingly.

Fact: I have a lot of negative habits.

For example? When I get frustrated I tend to...umm... growl. Yes, growl. Not so much a "rar" sound. More like "uggghhhh!" (Can you picture it?)

So what has Sadie started to do whenever I show the slightest sign of being frustrated? That's right. She growls. Can you say, "reality check?" I guess I need to keep my growling under control.

And, on a slightly unrelated, but still somewhat related, note...

She also imitates me carrying a purse around on my shoulder. I pulled out one of my old purses the other day and now she walks around with it slung over her shoulder, like she's some kind of diva out for a stroll. She also stops frequently to admire her stylin' reflection in the oven door:



She's also marked our bottom step as her territory. Hey, why not? It's perfectly her size. The other day, she slung that purse over her shoulder, sauntered on over to her step, plopped down, and promptly started jabbering to herself. I would love to know what goes through that mind of hers!

5 comments:

  1. Now that's just adorable! growling and all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of her checking our her reflection in the oven door is priceless! She is so adorable! Way to train her about accessories early on! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I can totally hear the "growling" you're referring too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I can totally hear you doing the "growl"! :) That is SOOOO funny! I laughed so hard about the little diva checking herself out in the oven! That reminds me of something I would do at that age... :) Uh! I know what you mean when they just jabber on and on and you wonder what they are thinking/"saying"! Man, kids are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee I can just picture your growling. :) What a little cutie. Wouldn't we all love to know what is going through their minds? I also wonder what they dream about...especially when they're kicking and flailing.

    ReplyDelete