Last weekend, Sadie and I discovered our inner princesses. We left daddy and his Aggie football game home and braved the snow and the cold to attend Disney's Princesses on Ice with Grandma Jean, Aunt Ann, and Halle. Fun doesn't even begin to describe it. I'm still not sure which was more entertaining - the show, or watching the girls watch the show. Halle was totally entranced the whole time. It was so cute. And Sadie? Well, she occasionally broke out the dance moves, let out a few "Go Aggies" (a sure sign that she was excited), and generally seemed to enjoy all the pretty lights and fun music. Sadie seems to get more girly everyday, but she hasn't quite entered the "princess" stage yet. So I'm pretty sure I enjoyed the show more than she did, but we all still had a blast.
Since we were informed beforehand that ALL the little girls wear princess dresses to the show, I hunted the clearance sales after Halloween and found an awesome deal on a princess dress. It's not exactly a licensed character, but it still worked. I think she looked pretty dang cute (although I'm still not sure what's up with the Statue of Liberty-esque crown...)
*The first two pictures are the only ones taken with our good camera. I didn't want to haul it around along with a diaper bag, so the rest were taken with our old point-and-shoot. Still cute, though.
Since we were informed beforehand that ALL the little girls wear princess dresses to the show, I hunted the clearance sales after Halloween and found an awesome deal on a princess dress. It's not exactly a licensed character, but it still worked. I think she looked pretty dang cute (although I'm still not sure what's up with the Statue of Liberty-esque crown...)
*The first two pictures are the only ones taken with our good camera. I didn't want to haul it around along with a diaper bag, so the rest were taken with our old point-and-shoot. Still cute, though.
The two princesses in their dresses before the show.
Grandma and her two princesses. And they're both smiling! Amazing!
Aladdin and Abu the elephant
Snow White and the dwarves. I think this was one of Sadie's favorites because we just bought the movie recently.
Both girls loving the show.
Princess Sadie watching in wonder.
This is the finale. It was really cool with all the different princesses and princes out there in fancy gold dresses.
And this just might be my favorite picture of the day. On our way back to the car, the girls had a blast splashing in puddles, chasing each other down the sidewalks in Gateway, and eating handfuls of snow. What cute cousins!
We had such a fun time with just the girls. Thank you, Grandma Jean, for giving us such a fun princess experience!

Cute! I want to go to Disney on Ice, seems like a fun activity!
ReplyDeleteBelle loved Disney on ice too. She was so into it that she didn't even crack a smile until Belle and the Beast came out. Next year we'll have to figure out a way to go together.
ReplyDeletePretty, Pretty Princesses! Looks like such a fun girls day out!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the girls got to go together. They do love being with eachother. I love that Sadie missed "Nam" though. It was the perfect day.
ReplyDelete(Thanks for emailing me some pictures. Do you think I could get yours from the show too? I'll send you a few of the good ones we got, but for the most part ours didn't turn out. Yours looked MUCH better than mine did. And I'm for sure going to want to dust off my scrapbooks and add this day to it.)
That sounds like so much fun! Cambrie is going through the princess tage now and it's a blast. Sadie is a cutie in her princess dress!
ReplyDelete