Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween 2009

Okay, here it goes. The obligatory mile-long “what made our major holiday so special” post. I wouldn’t be a mommy blogger without one of these, right? But don’t tell, because as cliché as they are, I still think they're fun.

This Halloween wins the award for being my most favorite. Ever. I’ve decided Halloween was made for moms like me who love to melt at how adorable their kids look in Halloween costumes. Yep, that’s what I did. I melted into one giant oozy puddle of adoration over Sadie and her adorable costume. (Did I mention it was adorable? Let me say it again. Adorable.)

Want to see? Align Center



Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Doesn’t she make the cutest witch? The actual dress and hat were hand-me-downs from my little cousin. The tutu was made by yours truly and the whole outfit probably cost me $4. Love it. I honestly thought I was experiencing a unique stroke of creative genius when I decided to add a tutu to the outfit. Then as Halloween drew closer, I began to realize that those tutus are the thing this year and every other little girl was wearing one in addition to whatever costume she had on. Oh well.

Sadie was surprisingly solemn about the whole trick-or-treating experience. All she did was stare at all the people with big, wide blue eyes. We first went trick-or-treating at Kevin’s work on Saturday with the masses of other families. The first time someone dropped a piece of candy in Sadie’s little bucket, though, her eyes got all wide and she just stared in amazement. It was like, “woah! I didn’t even have to ask, and these people are giving me candy!” It was pretty funny.

Trick-or-Treating at daddy's work

That night, we grudgingly went to our ward’s Trunk-or-Treat. (I say grudgingly because I’m not a big fan. To me, it’s the ultimate Mormon-clique-we’re-too-good-to-Trick-or-Treat snub of the rest of the neighborhood. But that’s just me.) It was okay – short and sweet – but I didn’t get any pics due to a giant meltdown by someone right as I pulled out my camera. Something about taking her candy away so we could leave. How dare we!

No worries - she still got to chow down on some chocolate later.

It was such a great holiday and I had so much fun with Sadie’s costume this year that I’m already scheming about next year. Oh, the possibilities...

8 comments:

  1. i have to agreee, sadie is ADORABLE! and her costume turned out so cute! you are so creative natalie...i love the tutus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man she is too cute! I wish we could have seen her in it...how pathetic that again, 2 doors down and we miss things like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! you're so talented nat! I totally would've just gone to the store and bought something...but then again, I have no creativity skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so cute! the costume really is ADORABLE! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is THE cutest witch I have EVER seen!!! How fun! Sadie is so lucky to have such a creative Momma! You will have to teach me how to make those tutus! SO CUTE! I agree that the best part of Halloween is seeing all the little kids in their costumes! I was too sick to go to our ward's party and I was so sad because I wanted to see all the cute costumes :( We had a few trick-or-treaters luckily and one mom said to me "you get to do this next year!" I can't wait!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love the tutu! Lance and I decided that Halloween is a holiday that would be more fun with kids...hopefully next year we can find out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, Cute. you are so creative. Good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am OVERWHELMED by your craftiness! Holy cow. She is a complete doll. I'm sad she couldn't come trick-or-treating at our house, or even go with our little Beah. But I love the witch costume, and now I have an even stronger desire to have a little girl in a tutu.

    ReplyDelete