You get this:
And this:
And this:
Oh, wait. One of these things isn't quite like the others, is it? Turns out the slow-moving baby boats are a little too boring for our little thrill-seeker. She languidly splashed in the water the whole ride.
Anyways.
I know Sadie is crazy. I know she has no fear. I didn't really expect her to cry on any of the rides. But I didn't really expect her to laugh hysterically on every. single. one. We're not just talking baby rides here folks. She was exactly tall enough to go on some of the "big kid" rides. Like that picture above of her with Kevin? It's like a mini "Rocket," which bounces you quite high up into the air and drops you.
Loved it.
The tilt-a-whirl?
Loved it.
The spinning dragon ride that goes so fast the only pictures I could get of her were a blur?
Loved it.
At one point, my dad turned to me and said, "do you think you should be a little worried about her?" As in, should I be a little worried that she'll probably be jumping out of airplanes when she's 12? I have no idea. All I know is I've never seen another kid like her. She certainly didn't get it from me.
We also played in the water. The fountains, anyways. No one else wanted to get dressed in swim gear to take Sadie to the water park (least of all me), so this was our compromise. The best part was I got to take cool pictures of her while she had the time of her life... all while staying dry!
And then there was me. Yes, poor pregnant me. Couldn't ride a single ride (minus the carousel). Tired. Bored out of my mind. Cooking in the heat. The following picture is possibly the worst picture of me ever, but boy does it summarize my day.
I'll just leave it at that.






Wow what a crazy girl! That's awesome, but yes you might have to worry about the skydiving at a young age...
ReplyDeleteAnd other than you look great, I am slightly worried for whomever took that picture. It looks like their life might be on the line. ;)
Poor Natalie. It makes me sad you had to miss out on the rides. :( It looks like Sadie had enough fun for everyone though. Funny girl!
ReplyDeletehaha - what an awesome post! It was such a fun day. I know it wasn't a blast for you and I'm sorry about that (that picture tells all!)....but it WAS a blast for grandma and grandpa! Thanks for hanging out with us! Love you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the pictures of Sadie in her swimming suit. She is a doll! Also, you make a great looking pregnant lady. I would be bummed to go to Lagoon and no be able to do much though. :(
ReplyDeletehaha! well...if she's looking for someone to jump with her at the age of 12...I'm all for it. :) I'm sorry you were miserable that day though. Looks like sadie had a blast!
ReplyDeleteYour face pretty much sums up my feelings about Lagoon...I can't do those rides anymore without getting terrible headaches...ahhhh youth!
ReplyDeleteShe is such a funny crazy girl to watch!! Good luck with her! You are going to have your hands full for a very long time. Imagine if her little sister is just like her. :)
ReplyDeleteHow funny!! That looks like it was a way fun day though (for Kevin, Sadie, Gma, and Gpa!) She is so dang cute, the next baby girl has a lot to live up to! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun! Those fountain pics are darling!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie!! I'm thinkin' little Zach will be the same...he loves to be startled and thrown in the air... who knows. Anyway, hang in there...only seven-ish? more weeks?
ReplyDelete