Sunday, June 5, 2011

Grass is evil, didn't you know?

We went to the park today because a) it was 80 degrees outside (YES!) and b) I was craving grass. No, really. We spent an hour yesterday playing on our driveway with not a blade of grass to be seen. I was craving some green. Some shade. Anything but cement and dirt. Not to mention I spent 90 percent of that time yesterday trying to keep Ellie from crawling off the blanket and onto the cement with her little bare hands and knees. It's going to be a long summer.

Anyways, being the thoughtful mom I am and all, I thought she might like some nice, lush, soft grass to crawl around in today. You know, feel the grass between her toes and all that good stuff.

Er...that idea backfired. Big time.
 

She hated it. And obviously I'm not winning any mom of the year awards because I made Kevin leave her there long enough for me to take some really funny pictures. Sorry, kiddo. :)

Here's the rest of our park escapade, picture-style:
(And I'm sorry for the huge pictures, but my pictures always look blurry when I do them any smaller. Still trying to figure that one out.)






2 comments:

  1. Sadie looks so much like Kevin, and Ellie looks so much like you. Super, super cute, both of them. :)

    And, the crying in the grass picture is HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep coming back to this post every time I need a smile. Sadie is gorgeous and getting so big, and that picture of Ellie in the grass makes me crack up EVERY time. I just want to squeeze her! I'm missing you guys like crazy! Love you

    ReplyDelete