Thursday, June 9, 2011
Ten.
I swear I just wrote Ellie's 9-month post yesterday, didn't I? How did 10 months sneak up so fast?! Sheesh. Anyway, here's the (really long...sorry) run-down of Ellie's antics at 10 months.
Ellie loves:
Crawling, obviously. She's everywhere.
Trying really, really hard to pull herself up to stuff. She gives it a lot of effort, but I seem to have produced wimpy kids. :) Sadie struggled with this one too.
Saying "ma ma" on demand. (Okay, maybe mommy is the one who loves this.)
Snuggling. She has definitely become a snuggler. Whenever she's shy, overwhelmed, really excited, being silly, or just in a loving mood, she lays her head on my shoulder. When she's tired, she even falls asleep there. LOVE it.
Baby purees - almost any kind. She doesn't really love anything with meat, but I can't say I really blame her.
Cheerios. They're definitely her favorite. She could eat them all day long if I'd let her.
Clapping her hands.
Getting her hands on Sadie's toys. The few times she successfully manages to acquire one without Sadie noticing, she hugs it really tight and lets out a little fake laugh that sounds like "ha ha!"
Talking on the phone. Really. She puts it up to her ear and jabbers. What am I in for?
On the other hand, she most definitely does not like:
Getting picked on by her sister. Ellie is only patient with Sadie when she's in the very best of moods. Otherwise, she lets out a shriek of protest that can be heard for miles around. (I'm not exaggerating. It's LOUD.)
Getting stuck - a regular occurance.
Most finger foods. Part of that is because she chokes on almost everything I give her. (I'm thinking a way overactive gag reflex? It most definitely gives me a heart attack almost every time, though.) However, she even turns her nose up at the really soft stuff - like peas. I really hope I'm not in for a picky eater.
Drinking her bottle. We're transitioning to 7-8 ounces three times a day right now, but it's a challenge to get her to hold still long enough to drink it all.
Grass. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





That picture of her stuck under the chair is awesome. Made me laugh! :)
ReplyDeleteWow that month did go by fast! She is adorable and growing up so quickly! I love that she's so close to Charli's age (and similar development patterns) so I can see what's up next. :)
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness - what a sweetheart! I love the phone picture in the orange outfit - her hair is SO CUTE!!! Can't believe she's already 10 months - wow!
ReplyDeletep.s.....very impressive that you found time to post this in between bear sitings in Yellowstone!
ReplyDeleteI just want to eat her up!!! She is so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie!! I can't believe she is already 10 months!!
ReplyDelete