Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fireworks, Part 2

It wouldn't be the 4th of July without a firework shindig in the front yard!
(Especially now that we have an official front yard and driveway in which to sit.)

The best part was the now-legal aerial fireworks. Yeah, yeah... we were the annoying neighbors setting off the big, loud fireworks. (In our defense, though, we only set off two. And it was barely 10:30.) Naysayers can gripe all they want; the 30 seconds of deafening bangs echoing off the hillside and showers of light above our heads were totally worth it. Those things are way more awesome than the wimpy fountains we've been stuck with until this year.

The gathering.
The excited child.

The less-spectacular firework.
The more-spectacular firework. (I was looking straight up to get this shot. So fun!)


And then, of course, there were the sparklers. I love my camera + sparklers.




2 comments:

  1. In Ohio, we're not even allowed to do the lame fountains. Smoke bombs only! You know why? They say it's too dry. TOO DRY!? I'm from Utah, a flippin' desert and rainy green Ohio says it's too dry. Bogus. I kind of wish I had been there to see all the aerial fireworks that people were setting off.

    ReplyDelete