There are a lot of things I LOVE about being a home owner, but I'd have to say that very near the top of my list is the ability to paint. Whenever. Wherever. Whatever color. I love that my home can have its own little splashes of personality now!
Ellie's room (a.k.a. the nursery) was first. Kevin thought I was a little crazy picking the color I did (baby blue in a girl's room?), but I was inspired by the little bit of blue in her bedding. And now that it's almost all the way decorated - finally - I can honestly say I love it.
I just wish the pictures were a little more true to the real color. Just know that the blue is a lot prettier in real life. :)
| And here's the changing table wall. I really like it because I think it brings all the blue and pink in the room together. |
Then there's Sadie's room. She wanted her room to be pink (no surprise there), but I wanted something a little more fun than just plain pink. Enter: the stripes. I think they turned out adorable, but it was quite the frustrating process. Kevin was incredibly patient as I ordered him around and told him exactly how it needed to be done. :)
Here's how the bed wall looks:
And last but not least...our deck!
Kevin, his dad, and his brother Alan built this baby all by themselves. Impressive, isn't it? It took them a few weeks longer than they hoped because of bad weather, but I'm so excited that it's done. Now I can use my back door! Yay!
Our next project will probably be a sprinkler system. Then some grass. A fence is somewhere in the future too. There's also that basement sitting there waiting for us. IT NEVER ENDS!!!
Don't tell Kevin, but I'm also determined to two-tone paint the rest of our upstairs soon. You have to have walked in our house to appreciate the enormity of that project. Everything is open, so that means it ALL has to be painted at the same time. The high, vaulted walls; around the kitchen cupboards; the stairway; down the hall...everything.
Phew. It's making me tired just to think about it.
Like I said, I think I'm just going to show up with the paint one day and say, "Surprise! It's painting day!" That way he can't back out. :)
Watch out Kevin! ;) The girls rooms are adorable!! Love it. :)
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love the girls rooms, Nat! So so cute!
ReplyDeleteWay to go!! It all looks so good...the rooms, and the deck! We can't wait to have a house to have "home improvements" in. :)
ReplyDeleteI really like both! What color is the blue?
ReplyDeleteI love their rooms!!! I like that the nursery isn't traditional
ReplyDeletepink!!!
Wow...your house is amazing and SO SO cute! I keep thinking we need to paint too but I'm so scared to do it...what if I don't like it? I need to hire you and Kevin to come do it for us :) And doesn't it seem like there is always a project going on? Once we finish one, there's always another one--never a dull moment as a homeowner :)
ReplyDeletep.s. I laughed when I read your comment on our blog about the food blog...it's the same way for me!!! I always look at your blog and have wanted to make a million comments but it wont let me either. Just know that I think you're an amazing cook...I love your recipes!
I love it...although it makes me want a house even more! I can't wait to be able to paint, sooo fun!
ReplyDeleteWay to go on the deck, it looks amazing!
So much fun!
ReplyDeleteI am very impressed with your decorating. I have been a bad mom and not done much with my kids' room! I LOVE blue, so I think it's a great idea you chose it for Ellie. I love all the different hanging E's above the changing table. Very cute. Good luck with basically painting your whole house in one day! By the way, the deck is SUPER impressive. I'm so glad you can use your back door!
ReplyDeleteYeah!! I'm glad you have a deck now because I'll admit that was pretty scary seeing that nice drop off out back!! :) Good luck with the painting- When we come up there next, we'll have to make time to go up and see everything!
ReplyDeletelooks great! Love the baby blue in Ellie's room. Sadie's room looks awesome as well...and that deck is sweet! :)
ReplyDelete