Thursday, January 12, 2012

Random, Random, Random

It's been awhile since I've made a random post, so here we go!

I got a new job! (Well, you know, besides the full-time one that I already have which involves raising two littles.) It literally just fell into my lap. I'm working for one of my old bosses and the best part is that it's all work-from-home. Money-wise we're doing fine, but Kevin and I both agree that it wouldn't hurt to have just a little bit extra. Especially since a new car payment is most likely coming up in the foreseeable future. And the biggest reason? I want it. I miss editing and using my "adult brain." As much as I adore my kids, sometimes I feel like my day-to-day life is turning my brain to goop.

I'm on a mission to get organized. Seriously, people. Clutter drives me nuts (and it makes me kind of grouchy). In the year we've been here, I haven't done a lot on the organization front. Our basement, for example? DIS.AS.TER.  I found this 52 Weeks to an Organized Home challenge on Pinterest and so far, I love it. It's only one small-ish challenge a week, which I can totally handle. I think.

Also, I'm really, really bored with blogging. I have no enthusiasm for it anymore. I feel like I post the same stuff over and over. If it weren't for the fact that it's the only record I have of the kids (I suck at baby books, scrapbooking, journaling...you name it), I'd probably quit. But I keep plugging along for their sakes. They better appreciate it some day. :)

I've been thinking about doing some kind of photo project. I've hardly picked up my camera in weeks, not to mention I could obviously use the blogging boost. There's a 365-day project out there, but that's a LOT of days. I've also seen ideas where you pick a month and do a picture a day for a month. Or a day-in-the-life project. So many possibilities. :) Once Sadie's birthday is over, expect to see something. I've got to find someway to get me through the dreaded month of February!

Yeah, Sadie's birthday is in a week from tomorrow. I've never seen her so excited. Christmas was nothing compared to this. A lot of that has to do with the "theme" she picked. It's going to be super cute. Birthday posts are obviously forthcoming.

By the way, I can't believe I'm going to have a 4-year old. I say this every time my kids have a birthday, but it's JUST SO WEIRD.

And because this is a random post, here's some random pictures to go with it! (Taken the day we finally got just a teeny bit of winter snow. Like 2 inches. I'm not sure what's up with Cache Valley lately...)





2 comments:

  1. Yay for work! I know how you feel. We're fine financially too, but when Blake's work offered me something to do from home, I was REALLY excited! No more mushy brain!! :D I'm glad you get to do something too, even if it's small, it really helps. And those are two very cute snow monsters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started the picture-a-day-for-a-year and it lasted 5 days! I am also doing the 52 weeks of organizing and its been easy! And congrats on your job! I work from home and its wonderful so that is great for you!

    ReplyDelete