Saturday, January 28, 2012

Think PINK.

I think this may be the longest I've ever gone before getting party pictures up here. We've kind of had a rough week or two around here, though. Combine that with the fact that I spend all my "quiet time" trying to get the hang of my new job and what happens? I get scoldings from my fan club (hi mom! :))

First of all, here was Sadie's birthday present this year:



Despite having a hard time getting the hang of pushing down just right on the pedals to actually go (further evidence that my daughter has inherited her mom's lack of coordination when it comes to anything athletic...), she's been in seventh heaven.


And then...there was the party.

Oh, the party.

I love planning cakes and (simple) parties to fit my kids' personalities. And this was by far my favorite year yet.

Sadie and I decided it would be fun to have a party modeled after her current favorite book: Pinkalicious.

Thanks to Pinterest and my gold-mine finding of this blog, we got tons of cute ideas.


The food table.


Most of the spread, which included pink party punch, pink popcorn, pink and red fruit, pink and red M&Ms, pink kisses, the cupcakes, and, of course, green food (which you can kind of see in the picture above). In case you weren't aware, green food is the cure for "Pinkititis." It's a must-have.


I didn't do an actual cake this year because cupcakes are kind of the theme of the Pinkalicious book. We had to have the pink cupcakes, so I got off easy this year!


One of my favorite treats I made was these marshmallow cupcake pops that looked just like the cupcakes in the book. But I didn't get a picture of them for some reason. They HAD to be included, so here's the best I can do...see them back there? :)

LOTS of pink decorations
Waiting for everyone to sing her "Happy Birthday."


Blowing out the candles

Presents!

The birthday girl, decked out in pink, with her princess bike helmet (a gift from Grandma Carol) on.

Here she is, testing the now princess-ified bike out across the kitchen floor.

It was so much fun. The best part was seeing the look on Sadie's face as she watched it all come together.

Actually, I take that back. The best part was how she kept asking me all day long if she was going to turn pink from eating all that pink food (because that's what happens to Pinkalicious in the book). And then she'd double check to make sure I had enough green food to counteract the turning pink (we did - don't worry, I wouldn't forget to include the bona-fide cure for "Pinkititis!")

She loved it. I loved it. Overall, definitely a success!


5 comments:

  1. So fun..so cute...SO PINK! We loved it - thanks for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all is well...I thought your think pink was in reference to something else ;) Happy Birthday to your cute girl. She is a cutie! I can't believe they are all four or close to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stinkin' cute, Natalie! I'm so very impressed. Want to come to Columbus to do a Thomas the Tank Engine party? You are extremely talented. I'm glad she loved it so much.

    ReplyDelete