Guess who's FOUR today?! Bah! Can't believe she's four. My sweet in-laws gave her (and by that I mean me) the newly burned DVD of her birth-day, which we hadn't seen in years. (It was on a tape that we couldn't watch without their video camera.)
I cried.
I thought my memories were still pretty clear of that day, but I was wrong. I forgot how terrified I felt during those (many, many) hours of labor, not knowing what to expect. I forgot the exact sound of her screech-like scream. I forgot how uncertain I felt about taking care of that little being who had suddenly been placed in my charge. But I also forgot how perfect it felt holding her for the first time. How itty-bitty and beautiful her little features were. How could that have been four years ago?!
This year, instead of having to read all of my ramblings about Miss Sadie, I thought we'd hear what she has to say. I'll be inserting my two cents, of course, but you get to read the bona-fide original answers. So here's "Sadie's favorites" in the words of Sadie herself.
How old are you? "Four. In the morning...that's not very long!" (I asked her this yesterday.)
What makes you happy? "Tickels."
What is your favorite animal? "My bear. Rapunzel bear." (A Build-a-Bear stuffed bear. Not sure that counts, but whatever.)
What is your favorite thing to eat? "Jell-O. And favorite dessert is ICE CREAM!"
What is your least favorite thing to eat? "I don't like peas." (Or anything else green, for that matter.)
What is your favorite thing to do? "Going up on the stage (dance recital) and taking walks."
What is your favorite TV show? "Mickey Mouse."
What are you really good at? "Playing with toys and pretending I'm up on the stage."
What is your favorite movie? "Rapunzel!"
What is your favorite color? "Pink AND purple."
What is your favorite song? "Don't go asleep (from Mary Poppins) and Twinkle, Twinkle."
Who is your best friend? "Kaitlyn and Halle."
What is your favorite thing to do with mommy? "Go shopping."
What is your favorite thing to do with daddy? "Wrestling. Sometimes."
What is your favorite sport? "Watching TV with daddy (I think she was thinking of watching Aggie games on the TV with dad.) Riding my bike."
Where is your favorite place to go? "Daddy's work and the red ice cream store (Cold Stone)."
What is your favorite book? "Princess number book and Pinkalicious."
What do you want to be when you grow up? "A super hero."
A few other things about Sadie (in the words of mommy):
I've called it out time and again, but the fact remains the same: Sadie is a social butterfly, but not with adults she's just met. (However, give her awhile to warm up and she will talk. your. ear. off.) On the other hand, she loves kids. It takes her 1.3 seconds to make a friend.
She loves preschool. Loves it. She comes home just bursting with things to tell me every time. She's learned a ton since she started and I'm constantly grateful that she has a teacher who can satisfy her enthusiam!
She's shown tons of interest in pre-reading stuff like letters, letter sounds, rhyming, and writing. This is SO much fun. It cracks me up when she stops in the middle of a sentence and says something like, "HEY! Chair...slair! Those rhyme!" (Even if what she was talking about has absolutely nothing to do with chairs...or "slairs," whatever those might be.) And here's what it looks like when she writes her name. C.U.T.E.
Her favorite food right at this very moment (besides Jell-O and ice cream, of course) is scrambled eggs. Yes. Eggs. The best part is that she's convinced they have healing powers. She had a canker sore a few weeks ago and guess what? The scrambled eggs magically healed it! Who knew, right?
She's a good big sister. Sometimes. I wish I could say everything is Christlike and kindness between her and Ellie, but not so much. They fight a LOT, but they also have their moments. Sadie really does try to be patient with her sister's territorialness, but she gets pretty fed up sometimes. Ah...sisters.
She loves to dance. And run and jump and skip and twirl and basically anything else that requires lots of movement!
She rambles. This is one of those things that is so hard to describe, but is so funny. And so much a defining part of her personality. She talks and talks and TALKS and jumps from subject to subject so fast that you really have to concentrate to keep up with her.
Happy Birthday, Sadie Shay! We love you!




Wow - 4 years! I remember that day like it was yesterday! Such a joy she's been for our family! I love you Sadie!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe your little girl is 4! Goodness I remember you coming over when we were freshmen and you showing us your cute little baby and we all couldn't believe you were going to be a mom. Now you have a 4 year old and I am just about to begin the fun! Exciting! By the way... your blog is my favorite, it brightens my day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Sadie!! I can't believe how fast that time has gone.
ReplyDeleteHappy (late) birthday Sadie!!! This post made me get all teary-eyed :( They just grow up way too fast! Her little handwriting IS C.U.T.E!!! That is SOOOO fun! I love her answer to "What I'm good at"... Pretending I'm up on the stage"! SO CUTE!!! I can just hear her cutie cute little voice spating out each of her fun little answers! Such a sweetie pooh! That is so fun that you have a video of her birth! I wish we had more of Kate as a tiny baby. I love all of their cute sounds! Okay, now I'm the rambling one, sorry!
ReplyDeletePS. I LOVE that last picture with Sadie putting on her ballet shoe! You are AMAZING Nat!