Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Grouchiness and Sadieisms and Christmas and....

Gosh, I can't even remember the last time I just wrote some stuff on here. It's all picture dumps lately, and even then, I'm terrible at keeping up on those. And apparently I've been doing too many of those because I'm all out of blog storage AGAIN, which makes me crazy. I do not want to pay to put pictures on my blog! It's enough to make me want to stop blogging altogether.

So I'll talk about the girls for now. And about how lately, they've been kicking my trash. Ellie especially. The last week or so has been bordering on horrific with her and I found myself praying the other day that it's just some kind of weird funk she's in as opposed to the other option, which is that she's entering into a whole new amped-up phase of the Terrible Twos. I mean, the kid wakes up grouchy and immediately starts picking fights with Sadie. I'm not saying Miss S is blameless, because she's certainly not. But Ellie is just downright cranky. Woe be the person who tries to cross her because the girl can scream like it's nobody's business. Maybe it's just me and I'm finding myself emotionally unequipped to deal with the tears, tantrums, and oodles of whining that have been erupting in our house these last few days. All my creative solutions go out the door when it's 9:00 a.m. and I'm breaking up the 15th screaming fight of the day. Instead, this morning, I found myself just picking them up and silently putting them each in their bedrooms for a few minutes each time more fighting broke out (thank goodness I can still put Ellie in a crib). It didn't really solve anything, in case you were wondering, but it did keep me from losing my mind. Barely.

Sadie has taken note of her sister's grumpiness too. A couple of days ago, she came up to me and said, in her most dead-serious, I'm-Doc-McStuffins-voice, "Mom, I think I know what's wrong with Ellie. She has whiny-itis. We should give her some medicine. Now."

I laughed for about three minutes straight. I think "whiny-itis" is going to be the new catch phrase around our house from now on.

Speaking of Sadie, I'm already loving how excited she is about the whole Christmas deal. She's old enough to start asking intelligent questions about how reindeer fly and how Santa is going to know which specific Rapunzel doll she's asking for (the wedding doll, not the regular doll and the baby size, NOT the Barbie size - in case you were wondering). It's been keeping me on my toes. Luckily she's not quite old enough to question if I don't provide 100% accurate answers.

Ellie is pretty funny lately too as well, when she's not throwing monster tantrums. The girl has a passionate love of Minnie Mouse, and I shamelessly encourage it. We took them both to Disney on Ice last week and I got a little teary-eyed as I watched Ellie's face light up and listened to her scream her name (HI Mimmie Mouse!!!!) when Minnie skated onto the ice for the first time. There's something about watching your kid watch their idol come to life that's pretty spectacular.

Hmm...what else can I add to this post? Potty training? Not even close. How my Christmas shopping is almost done? Yep. Score! How I CANNOT WAIT for the Les Miserables movie to come out on Christmas day? Ding ding ding!

All randoms. None of which require much more explanation, so I'll just leave it at that.




3 comments:

  1. Ugh! Terrible two's hit here and I am not too happy! Hope this is a quick to get over whinyitis for you and for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're ready to kill your kids too!?!? I thought I was the only one and I've been feeling pretty bad about it. Sammi has been giving me a run for my money lately especially. I don't know what it is, but the girl can be so sweet and then so stubborn and awful the next second. I'm praying her moods are just a stage too and not her true personality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck-tantrums. I am the worst at dealing with those. They scare me. I hope it passes quickly for you.
    And oh my gosh. I have never been more excited for a movie than I am Les Mis. Our family has plans on going the day after Christmas and I have been watching movie trailers for months!!

    ReplyDelete