At least it was great while it was here. I think that's why it seems to be a little more sad every year when Christmas is over, because it just gets more fun and more magical the older my kids get.
I just couldn't get enough of Sadie's enthusiasm. Four-going-on-five is just perfect in my mind. She's old enough to totally get the fun of Santa coming and the anticipation. But not old enough to start being cynical about any of it. She just...absorbs every bit of that magic and excitement. She's also old enough to really understand that there's more to the season than just Santa and presents. We started a "presents to Jesus" tradition where we jotted little notes down about kind things we did throughout the month and stuck them in a little box under the Christmas tree. Then we opened it first thing Christmas morning. I honestly think she told more people about our little Jesus Box than she did about what she wanted for Christmas. That little girl just amazes me all the time!
This year was a little different because my parents and brother got to join us for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. My mom and I managed to rustle up a pretty awesome dinner for us all on Christmas Eve and they got to bask in the craziness that was my kids all evening AND all morning. Lucky them! I'm sure glad they were there, though. And Ellie left no doubt she was excited for them to be there when I asked her if she was excited for Santa to come and all she'd say was, "Mama, papa my house?!"
Now pictures!
Hanging out at the "kids table" during dinner. They even got their own candles!
Giving us a very enthusiastic run-down of what's on her letter to Santa.
Those letters take some serious concentration.
Love those little hands, working away.
Favorite picture of the night: watching Luke 2 on the iPad. So sweet!
(I know, I know we should have read the scriptures. But Sadie had been begging for days to watch the video and it just kinda happened that way...)
Showing off some mysterious stocking stuffer.
Looting the stocking with her buddy, grandpa.
Fast forward a couple hours and this is what you have - a mess! :)
Testing out the new scooters inside since there was over a foot of snow outside. And notice the Rapunzel doll is tagging along for a ride as well. Sadie got her most-wished-for present and it hasn't hardly left her side since!
And finally...the haul. Most of it, anyways. Phew! What a day!
Also, can I just add this one thing? MY best present was surprise tickets from Kevin to go see Les Miserables on Christmas day (that man knows me well!)
It was...Amazing. Incredible. Almost everything I had hoped it would be. Highly recommend it (but only if you can stomach singing for 90% of a movie. It is a musical, after all.)










SO fun! Thanks for sharing this precious time with us - we loved every minute!!
ReplyDeleteLooks so fun! Wish we could have been there too! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad your Christmas was magical! I agree with everything you said about 4-going-on-5. Her birthday is coming up soon! Is it weird you will have a 5-year-old!? It freaks me out. We need to get together soon.
ReplyDelete