Sunday, January 6, 2013

Photo Challenge

I know. Another one?!

Yeah, yeah. I'm the queen of starting things and not finishing them (just ask Kevin). I've figured out, though, that I'm much better when I have some accountability and this time, my friend Jennifer asked me to do this with her. So hopefully that will get me to follow through. And hey...it's day six and I've done them ALL so far. That counts for something.

Day 1: Today.
We spent New Years Day taking down the Christmas decorations. I even made Kevin go take down part of our outside lights, even though it was frigidly cold. At least he looks good doing it!

Photobucket


Day 2: Something new.
I actually had it in my head that day two's prompt was resolutions. Since one of my goals is to play with my kids more, I took all these pictures of the girls playing "Littlest Pet Shop" in their new hooded towels (and then I played with them - don't worry :)). Oh well...I guess the towels are new. Kinda counts, right?

Photobucket


Day 3: Heart.

Photobucket


Day 4: The view from here.
Ew. It was SO COLD that day (it's been frigid for awhile now, but that one was particularly bad), and we didn't step foot out of the house. So I settled for catching this shot from my deck. And practically froze my fingers off doing it, too. Nice beautiful view of...Cache Valley smog. Ick.

Photobucket


Day 5: Movement.
This one was kind of fun. I dug out my tripod and set my shutter speed to slow way down. Then I turned on some music and told the girls to dance their little hearts out. I got lots of blurry streaks but my favorites turned out to be when one girl would hold still while the other twirled. Downside? You get a full view of my messy counter tops. Hmm...

Photobucket


Day 6: Mine.
Yep, proud to call these two munchkins "mine!"

Photobucket


My goal next week is to get some photos outside of my house somehow. The temperatures are going to stick in the below-zero range, but hopefully I'll figure something out. The mall, perhaps? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yes!!! We both did 6 days!! I'm so happy.
    I love them all. I think the dancing one is super cool. I need to use my tripod more- I forget about using it to use slow shutter speeds. I love Sadie holding still and Ellie moving. That is a cool effect. Also a good reminder to have fun doing this. Yesterday I tried to get my kids feet together and I ended up yelling and giving up. And of course everyone with your girls is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are doing another challenge because I love your pictures, Love the hooded towels, love Sadie's heart, don't so much love the smog, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the last picture of them together. I just found the new picture of them to put on my shelf!

    ReplyDelete