Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Goings-On

In Hyrum during Christmas there's a little farm that puts on a live nativity. Since Christmas-y things to do in Cache Valley are extremely limited, we decided to brave the (freezing, icy, sub-zero) cold and go check it out. It was kind of cool, in an awkward lets-stand-around-and-stare-at-these-silent-people kind of way. The kids thought they really were staring at Mary and Joseph and not some random teenagers, so I guess that's all that matters. Although, Sadie did notice they didn't have a real baby Jesus. When we suggested they should use Avery she just looked at us like we were out of our minds. 

Also, they had two real-live camels! That was the best part in my opinion. 

We didn't stay long because it was so frigid, but it was a nice (free) way to spend 15 minutes of an evening. :)

 photo IMG_1412_zpsf9896933.jpg


A few days later, we went to Salt Lake to visit Temple Square. (Oh, and my parents. I suppose they were probably part of the reason too.)

We checked out the "Jesus statue," Sadie's terminology that remains intact to this day. Grandpa took on the responsibility of pointing out the details. 


 photo IMG_1427_zps03c43167.jpg


And...I got exactly two decent pictures before my camera started acting wacky. Why? Well, maybe because it was snowing a blizzard on us. We were all snow people by the time we finished. It was actually quite beautiful and I'm super mad I didn't get to take more pictures of the lights and the falling snow. But a soaked camera is not a happy camera, so it wasn't meant to be.


 photo IMG_1437_zps49cd1d41.jpg


 photo IMG_1449_zpsad2bcebd.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment