I wish I had exciting news to report on the baby front but... nope. My due date's a week from tomorrow, but I haven't progressed much at all. I know things could happen suddenly, but it's beginning to feel like I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER. All this waiting has made me restless and anxious, so I've decided to take a minute and reflect back on the pros and cons of my pregnancy. This will give me the opportunity to focus on all the great things about pregnancy... and give me a chance to vent a tiny bit about the not-so-great things!
Things I’ve Loved About Being Pregnant:
-Going from feeling little swishes and taps to being able to identify tiny feet, elbows, and hands as they poke out from my belly.
-Finding out she’s a girl (and watching our collection of pink things grow and grow)
-Hearing her heartbeat
-Being able to “eat for two” (really just an excuse to have random cravings and snack all the time)
-Sympathy smiles and comments from random strangers when I'm out in public – I think this is quite amusing!
-Everyone’s exaggerated concern for how I’m doing and whether I’m taking it easy or not. This is also amusing: I’m pregnant, not an invalid!
-Daydreaming about what she’s going to look like and what kind of personality she’ll have
-My expanded waistline
Things I Haven’t Loved So Much:
-Heartburn
-Not fitting into any clothes comfortably
-Swollen hands and feet
-Getting sick and having to worry about what's safe to take for it
-The baby regularly using my bladder as a squeeze toy
-Worrying about whether she’ll be healthy
-The latest one: Every time people see me they say, “No baby YET?” Really, does it LOOK like I’ve had my baby yet?!
-Waiting... and more waiting... oh, and did I mention WAITING?
-My expanded waistline
The lists look pretty even, but I really must say that even though there's lots to complain about, I've really enjoyed this crazy baby-growing experience! I love knowing that I'm providing a unique home for my daughter that no one else could exactly duplicate. I just hope she knows that the sooner she feels ready to leave that cozy home and make her grand entrance, the happier she'll make her mommy and daddy!
Those all sound so true. I wish that I would have made a list, because now I really don't remember much-except that I missed sleeping on my back. I can't wait to see baby pictures on here soon!
ReplyDelete