That's right! Our baby is finally here! She was born yesterday (January 20) at 12:46 pm. She weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and was 20 inches long... and she's pretty much perfect! She's got a bunch of hair, and it's about the same color as mine (light brown). We think she's got blue eyes, but she hasn't opened them wide enough to let us see much. She DOES have a healthy pair of lungs - she cried almost non-stop during her first couple of hours.
My labor was long - about 16 hours - but thanks to that wonderful little drug called an epidural, it was actually fairly smooth. I'm feeling the aftereffects and the lack of sleep today, but luckily I've got a beautiful baby girl to make up for it.
Unfortunately, as I write this, she STILL doesn't have a name. We're working on it - I promise! Hopefully we'll have progress on that front by the end of the day. For right now, she's still "baby girl."
There are LOTS of pictures, but I'm having a hard time loading them from the hospital so... stay tuned!
Congratulations! We are so excited for you! I am glad that everything went well with your labor. It's not that great to have an interesting one, trust me. We can't wait to see your little girl!
ReplyDeleteYou've been tagged for a "Getting to Know Your Friends 2008 ABC's." Go to my blog and copy the post, then fill in your own. You know the drill. Have fun!
Congratulations! We are glad all went well. Good luck with it all. It is the best being parents despite many hardships.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! She is beautiful, and so tiny! Keep us updated on the name!
ReplyDeleteYEAH!!! Congrats new parents!! She is so dang cute! We will definitely have to make a trip up to see you guys soon!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Kev and Natalie. We can't wait to see her. Stan tried to email us some pictures, but it didn't work very well. So send us some SOON! We're going to try our best to come and see her. I want to meet my new little niece something terrible. We wish we could do more for you two. It's killing me that we can't be there, but hopefully soon.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I will wait for the pictures to see your cute bundle of joy! That's so nice that she decided to come early! Good luck on choosing a name!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I will wait for the pictures to see your cute bundle of joy! That's so nice that she decided to come early! Good luck on choosing a name!!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I'm so excited for you guys! That's so fun that you're a mom now...and so weird to think back to fall semester 2 and a half years ago when you were two had only been married a week! A million congrats, I'm glad you're well. And I'm DYING to know what you name her. Keep us all posted!!!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Congratulations!! :D That is so exciting. I hope you find the perfect name quickly.
ReplyDeleteYea! I have been waiting for this blog entry to appear. Congratulations. I am so glad that she (and you) are healthy. It is such a relief when they come out okay. I'll keep checking up regularly until I see cute pictures and find out her name :)
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited for you and little Sadie Shay! However, I keep checking the blog everyday for pictures and keep getting disappointed. Don't keep us waiting much longer! We are excited to see some cute pictures!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so excited for you... and we can't wait to see pictures. :)
ReplyDelete