Monday, March 24, 2008

My "Fabulous" List

Julie tagged me to do this "100 things that make me fabulous" list awhile back, but it would have taken me forever to come up with 100. So I cut it to 50. Here goes...

1. I've been married for 2 years, 7 months, and 9 days to my best friend and the sweetest guy in the world, Kevin Humpherys.
2. I have a beautiful daughter, Sadie, who was born on January 20th.
3. I was in labor for 16 hours from start to finish, but actually had a fairly easy delivery (thank you, epidural!)
4. I love to sing, but will only do it in front of people if I'm in a group.
5. I work at Utah State University as a technical writer.
6. I think primary is the best calling in the world and hate it when people say they're "just" a primary teacher.
7. I've never had braces but I should be wearing glasses.
8. I've never been outside of the U.S. but have been as far as NYC, North Carolina, and Washington D.C.
9. My best friend besides Kevin is my mom - I can talk to her about almost anything!
10. A lot of people think I'm shy, but I can actually be obnoxiously talkative once you get to know me (ask Kevin...)
11. I play the piano - I used to be pretty good, but now I don't practice even though I have one sitting in my living room!
12. Making Sadie smile is the highlight of my day.
13. I have a strong testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
14. My favorite food in the entire world is Cafe Rio's pork salad. I could literally live on these!
15. I HATE to run. I think it's boring and monotonous. I much prefer something with variety, like kickboxing.
16. I was in choir and Madrigals in high school - pretty much the only extracurricular activity I did :)
17. I am a HUGE Aggie fan, mostly thanks to my hubby. I pretty much bleed Aggie blue, especially when it comes to b-ball!
18. I was a young-un when I got married - only 19! (though technically only 2 months from being 20)
19. My college major was English, but I don't know the first thing about literature. I can edit anything you give me, though!
20. I have the world's greatest in-laws.
21. I never got morning sickness, cravings, or hardly any of the other yucky symptoms of pregnancy.
22. I always wanted to be an author when I grew up.
23. I've been locked in the Logan Temple grounds.
24. My favorite singer is Josh Groban.
25. I was diagnosed as officially acrophobic (afraid of heights) by my high school AP Psych teacher
26. My life goal is to sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (I never said it was realistic!)
27. My favorite color is green.
28. The first and only time I've ever stayed in the hospital is when Sadie was born.
29. I've been to the most dangerous city in the U.S.
30. I'm a little obsessed with decorating my apartment and I rearrange stuff all the time, much to the annoyance of Kevin :)
31. I love to get dressed up and feel "girly."
32. I did NOT inherit the crafty gene from my mom. I don't like to scrapbook, sew, or paint, although I'll give it a shot once in awhile.
33. I'm allergic to cats and I think they're extremely annoying.
34. One of my favorite songs of all time is called "Homeward Bound."
35. I hate LDS romance novels. They're SO cheesy and predictable - it drives me crazy!
36. If it has peanut butter in it, I probably love it.
37. I love having a middle name and will give all of my kids middle names.
38. My absolute favorite movie is August Rush.
39. I love boating and used to go every summer when I was a teenager. I was even a pretty good waterskiier.
40. I've been on top of the Empire State Building.
41. I am the only person my husband has ever kissed :)
42. I've been trying to quit biting my nails for as long as I can remember... to no avail!
43. I love camping in Yellowstone and spending the time spotting animals - especially bears!
44. I don't like most reality t.v. but I like the performance shows like Dancing with the Stars and American Idol.
45. I have one adorable niece and a nephew on the way.
46. I love flip flops but hate how they make my feet dirty.
47. Eating out is one of my favorite "splurge" things to do.
48. I love camping and being outdoors.
49. My voice shakes when I speak in front of a lot of people - everyone always thinks I'm emotional. It's really embarassing.
50. I still go weak in the knees when Kevin smiles at me!

I know everyone doesn't have mucho time to spend doing stuff like this, but IF you happen to find yourself with nothing better to do, I tag everyone on my list: Ann, Annette, Danica, Jenny, Melissa, Tanya, and Tanelle. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Gosh I miss you! We really need to play sometime!!

    ReplyDelete