Sadie had her two month well-baby visit today. And we all know what that entails: shots! Being the naive new mom that I am, I had no idea what to expect. I've heard people say it's terrible and others say it's not that bad. I'm here to tell you that it's TERRIBLE. Sadie was a happy camper for the entire appointment, grinning at the doctor and nurses. She had no idea what was coming. When they stuck those needles in her legs, she gave me one split second "how-could-you-do-this-to-me?" look and burst into hysterical screams. You know your baby has a loud cry when even the experienced nurses look startled! Being the cry-baby (ha! cry baby - get it?) I am, I of course started crying right along with her. Kevin thought I was crazy. Needless to say, it was extremely traumatic - more so for me than her, I think!
Up until that point, the dr. visit went really well. Sadie's still a little on the small side, which surprised us. She weighed exactly 9 pounds (10th percentile) and was 21 3/4 inches long (45th percentile, I think). I can't remember exactly what her head was, but it was also in the 10th percentile. But she's still eating like a champ so the doctor said we didn't have anything to worry about. Ha! Nothing to worry about? Has he HAD kids? There's always something to worry about!
I'm so glad to hear that Halle won't be the only runt in the family. At least Sadie is on the growth chart! I hear you about the traumatizing doctor's visits. It breaks your heart to hear them scream like that, huh?
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about Sadie being small I don't think any of my kids have made it out of the 10th percentile. And they are average compared to other kids in school. I think the kids who are 75% or higher must be huge!! HaHa! Love ya-Tam
ReplyDelete