We survived!
Kevin's family has a tradition of going to Yellowstone every year and we (coughKevin) just couldn't bear the thought of missing out due to one small detail named Sadie. So we loaded her, along with just about everything she owns, and made the trip. I was all mentally prepared for dealing with screaming episodes during the 20+ hours of car time. I waited... and waited... and waited. Nothing. She was a complete angel, despite being almost constantly stuck in her car seat. In fact, between making faces at her and the enthralling book I was reading (The Host - highly recommend it), my sanity was nicely preserved. I can't believe how proud I am of my little 4 1/2 month old!
Between waking up at the unholy hour of 4:30 a.m. to start our 6-hour drive, arriving in West Yellowstone to LOTS of SNOW, and watching out for Sadie's needs, it was quite the adventure. But we had lots of fun and are super glad we didn't put it off just because of her.
We have a couple of cool videos too... stay tuned!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Yellowstone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What fun pictures! You guys are all do photogenic. I love seeing what is going on with you.
ReplyDelete