Friday, June 6, 2008

My New Favorite Song

I heard this song on Oprah a couple of days ago. She was doing a special on Reba McIntire's new duet album and I happened to turn on the T.V. just as they started performing. First of all, I'd just like to say that these are two of the most random people to sing a duet together. Justin Timberlake and Reba? Talk about two opposite ends of the music industry. But the song is incredible! It's called "The Only Promise that Remains." Because I was standing there holding Sadie when I heard it, I had the impression that it was like a lullaby to a child and it made me squeeze her tight (she wasn't so thrilled with that part). And then I realized that it could relate to other relationships - my relationship with Kevin and even with my Heavenly Father. Who knew a simple little song could make me feel so profound? I added it to my playlist (first song), so go ahead and listen to it. You'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment