Last weekend Kevin and I had the much-needed chance to get away for the weekend. I'll admit, my guilt meter has been soaring because I feel like I don't see Sadie as much as it is. Why would I leave her for two whole days? But on the other hand, I really don't see Kevin. Most days, we pass Sadie off as I get home from work and he leaves, and I'm fast asleep when he finally comes home. Kevin obviously won out in this dilemma. So we packed up, left Sadie with my parents (who were SO excited to be babysitting), and drove to Park City.
On the lift to the Alpine Slide (I'm lucky to even get this shot since I'm normally paralyzed with fear on ski lifts)
You know... because stairs are normally slippery when it's 90 degrees outside...
Taking a break from walking Historic Main Street
We had so much fun playing the part of a baby-less couple again. I've been worrying about leaving Sadie for weeks, but it wasn't nearly the traumatic experience I've heard other parents claim it to be. Sure, I missed her a LOT, but spending quality time with Kevin far outweighed any anxiety I had. It helped that Sadie, of course, was amazing for grandma and grandpa. One of these days I'm just going to accept the fact that my baby loves to sleep - no matter what kind of a strange situation we throw her into!
And now... it's back to school for Kevin! Lucky guy. :)
How fun! We went to Park City for our third anniversary also. Belle survived without us also.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had so much fun. Funny I was there that weekend also.
ReplyDeleteJust so you all know.....Sadie had a BLAST with grandma and grandpa - OK, maybe grandma and grandpa had a BLAST with her!!!
ReplyDeleteGrandma Cooper - is that Jeep? Jeep- comment on my blog! Natalie it looks so fun! Time away makes everyone happy, you, Kevin and especially Grandma and Grandpa! Even Sadie was probably happy being spoiled by Jeep!
ReplyDelete(I mean Grandma and Grandpa)
all i did was design them in photoshop, save as jpg, then added a picture to the side, which was the jpg i designed. pretty easy. your html stuff is way harder!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Jeremy and I are lucky enough to be part of a date-night babysitting group that rotates every week (at least when they weren't all gone for the summer). So we got a date three times a month. But I don't think I've ever actually left Cambrie for a weekend all by herself. I may be out late and someone puts her to bed...hmm...maybe Jeremy and I need a weekend too. Good idea Nat!
ReplyDeleteSo happy you got time away. Nothing revives the spirit and makes you a better parent than time away. Gotta love those grandparents who help out :)
ReplyDeleteHooray for alone time. We still haven't left Emerson for more than a few hours...maybe we should get with the program. :) We miss you guys so much! Next trip is to Ohio, right?
ReplyDelete