Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Random Update

We (and most importantly, Sadie) have had a lot of little things going on that I've been wanting to record, but keep forgetting. So I'm combining them all into one! Watch out.

A few weekends ago we went to Dingle, Idaho (yes, that's really what it's called!) to visit Sadie's great-grandpa who she'd never met. We had fun visiting with grandpa and exploring the wide-open farm land.




Four generations: Grandpa Stan, Great-Grandpa, Kevin, and Sadie



Kevin walking to the "out house." (No, he didn't intend to use it...)





Obviously un-usable steps up to the old barn. Cool, huh?


Sadie has had a big couple of weeks. She learned that toes make great chew toys (where did she get that flexibility?!)



And then she finally got a high chair to better enjoy those veggies!



Speaking of veggies, did we mention that Sadie is very opinionated about which vegetables she eats? Peas: absolutely not. Squash: are you kidding me? Carrots: Hallelujah! Something tasty! Sweet potatoes: now that's more like it. Of course, she had to pick the flourescent orange ones. Anyone else think the bib is ironic?


Sadie has also become quite the wiggle worm while she sleeps. A couple of weeks ago, I went to get her up for the day, and this is what I discovered. So much for those cute crib bumpers I spent hours making!

And last but not least, last weekend we attended our nephew Sam's baby blessing. Sadie doesn't get to see her only cousins very often, so it was fun to hang out with them for awhile!

Halle and Sadie in their cute matching outfits


Our little family


The whole family

3 comments:

  1. Kaleb was SO picky about his veggies and only ate carrots and sweet potatoes too. They ended up checking him for jaundice when he was around 8 months old because his skin went yellowish orange because that was all he would eat. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha. Look at my blog and we have a picture just like the one you put on of Sadie with the legs sticking out. It's pretty funny to go in and see! Don't worry. Jace won't touch the greens either. We got him mixed veggies with 2 green veggies in and then carrots in it and he'll eat it because it's orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Sadie with her legs hanging out of the crib! I remember Halle doing that too. It was so fun seeing you this past weekend and hope that we can make it up to your neck of the woods soon.

    ReplyDelete